Hollister New Image 2-Piece Mini Closed End Ostomy Pouch Features
- Has odor-barrier pouch film
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Designed to be used with any New Image two-piece skin barrier with the same flange size
- AF300 filter allows for a slow release and deodorization of gas from the pouch
- Ideal for stomas with less frequent or more predictable output
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Hollister Closed End Ostomy Pouch?
- Start by ensuring that your stoma (the surgically created opening on your body) is clean and dry. You may need a stoma powder or barrier wipe to protect the skin around the stoma.
- Remove the protective backing from the skin barrier (wafer) and center it over your stoma.
- Ensure that the opening in the skin barrier is the correct size and shape for your stoma.
- Press the skin barrier firmly onto your skin, ensuring it is smooth and secure.
- Remove the protective backing from the pouch and align it with the skin barrier.
- Press the pouch onto the skin barrier, ensuring it is secure.
- If the pouch has an integrated filter, ensure it is activated before use.
- Once the pouch is attached, you can collect bodily waste.
- When the pouch is full, or you need to change it for any reason, carefully remove it from the skin barrier and dispose of it according to local regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the integrated filter for?
The integrated filter in this pouch is designed to reduce odors and gas buildup, which can be a common issue for people with ostomies. The filter allows gas to escape from the pouch while filtering out odors.
2. Can I reuse the pouch?
No, the Hollister ostomy pouch is designed for single use only and should be discarded once it is full or needs to be changed for any reason.
3. Who can use this type of ostomy pouch?
This pouch is designed for people who have undergone ostomy surgery and require a pouch to collect bodily waste.