Bariatric Manual Wheelchair Features
- Graham-Field Paramount XD Bariatric Manual Wheelchair has black reinforced nylon upholstery
- Standard chart pocket on back upholstery for models after serial number AIS338WC0046-0055
- Reinforced welds and gussets on frame with double crossbrace
- 8"x 2" non-marking solid casters and 24" solid rear wheels with chromed handrims
- Maximum weight capacity 650 lb - evenly distributed
- Meets Medicare code K0007
- Protect your E&J Paramount XD by having it serviced regularly. Proper care and maintenance are essential to keep your wheelchair in safe working condition. Periodic inspection, adjustment, and replacement of worn parts will provide many years of superb performance. When you believe that a component or part of your Paramount XD is not functioning properly, contact your Graham-Field authorized distributor immediately, as a potentially hazardous condition could result. Only excellent condition is acceptable where safety is concerned.
- General care:
- Always evaluate the overall operation of your wheelchair. It should function with ease and should travel straight without excessive drag or pull to one side. Remember, your Graham-Field authorized distributor knows your wheelchair best when it comes to service and repairs. Contact your authorized distributor with any questions or concerns regarding the safe operation and maintenance of your wheelchair. Regular maintenance is essential for your safety and continued operation of your wheelchair.
- Check tire wear:
- Examine tires at least once a week for surface wear and cracks and replace them as needed. Replace solid rubber tires when they become loose on the rims or cracks appear.
- Check handrims:
- Check handrims at least once a week. Inspect each handrim for rough or sharp edges and, if any are found, replace handrims immediately. Ensure that all hardware is properly aligned and secure.
- Check wheel lock engagement:
- Check wheel lock engagement at least once a week. See Adjust wheel locks in Section 5 to adjust wheel lock engagement. If a wheel lock is worn or damaged, replace it immediately. Inspect the hardware for looseness or signs of wear.
- Ensure that the locking mechanism operates smoothly. The locking assembly should be tight enough so that the wheel can not rotate or the lock slip. Check that the locking shoe does not press against the tire when in the unlocked position. Excessive force should not be required to either engage or release wheel locks. Oil the wheel lock pivot points with one or two drops of 30 weight oil. Remove excess oil and dirt.
- Check handgrips:
- Check handgrips at least once a week. Ensure they are not ripped; ensure they are tight and securely fastened.
- Check upholstery:
- Check upholstery at least once a month. Inspect for rips, tears and worn spots. Ensure that all upholstery-attaching screws are present, properly aligned, and well-secured. Use a Phillips screwdriver to tighten upholstery mounting screws. Check attaching screws for sharp edges or stripped screws, and replace if found.
- Check rear wheel adjustment
- Inspect the wheels at least once a month. Check alignment by elevating the rear of the wheelchair on a stable object until the rear wheels clear the ground, or placing the wheelchair upside down in a stable position such that the wheels can spin freely. Spin the wheels; there should be no wobble or sideplay, and the wheels should spin freely without binding. The bearings should be clean and rotate smoothly. Check rim sideplay to verify that bearings are not too loose. If there is a problem, contact your Graham-Field authorized distributor. If adjustment is required, this should be done by your Graham-Field authorized distributor only.
- Check arms:
- Check arms at least once a month. Inspect for sharp edges or cracks which could weaken the arm, and replace if found. Ensure all attaching screws are present and tight. Use a Phillips screwdriver to tighten armpad mounting screws. Check for burrs on the screw heads and replace if found. Ensure that screws do not extend into the padding. Confirm that the posts at base of arm fit correctly in the sockets, snug but not binding
- Check backposts / push handles:
- Check backposts at least once a month. Ensure that all mounting hardware is securely fastened and that the backposts are not bent or damaged. Contact your authorized distributor if you observe cracking or peeling paint or plating.
- Check footrests & elevating legrests:
- Check footrests and legrests at least once a month. Inspect the locking mechanisms to confirm sure fit. Check for cracks, burrs, or sharp edges, and replace if found. Ensure that the footrest or legrest will automatically lock securely in place and will not accidentally unlock
- Cleaning your Paramount XD:
- Wipe off base and seat frame frequently, at least once a week, using a soft cloth. Dry the wheelchair immediately if exposed to moisture. Clean the frame every three months with a mild soap and water solution. The frame does not need to be waxed. Do not use solvents, abrasive waxes, caustic chemicals or spray silicone. Never use abrasive cleansers; they could scratch the finish. Never use steam or high pressure cleaners. Clean upholstery and plastic components at least once a month with a mild soap and water solution.
- Check casters:
- Check the caster stems for proper rotation at least every three months. The caster forks must swivel freely to facilitate steering and handling. Adjusting the stem nut varies the amount of force required to turn the caster. If the nut is too loose, the caster will flutter or shimmy; if too tight, the wheelchair will be difficult to steer. If the caster stems require adjustment, or the stem bearings require replacement, contact your Graham-Field authorized distributor. Ensure that stems are firmly attached to forks, and that forks and stems are not bent. Evaluate all threads, locking nuts and bearings.
- Check wheel bearings:
- Have your Graham-Field authorized distributor check caster and rear wheel axle bearings at least every six months
: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
|5PX10620||26" x 19-1/2" x 20-1/2"||18-1/2" x 49"||39" x 35-1/2" x 14-1/2"|
|5PX10630||26" x 19-1/2" x 20-1/2"||18-1/2" x 49"||39" x 35-1/2" x 14-1/2"|
|5PX10820||30" x 19-1/2" x 20-1/2"||18-1/2" x 49"||36" x 40" x 14-1/2"|
|5PX10830||30" x 19-1/2" x 20-1/2"||18-1/2" x 49"||36" x 40" x 14-1/2"|
5 year limited warranty