Why to choose Drive Steel Transport Chair?
- Drive Steel Transport Chair With Fixed Full Arms comes with swing away footrests
- Standard rear wheel locks
- Comes with seat belt for added safety
- Convenient cup holder can easily attach to chair(not included)
- Back folds down for easy storage and transport
Drive Steel Transport Chair User Manual
What to buy with Drive Steel Transport Chair With Fixed Full Arms
Maintenance of Drive Steel Transport Chair
- At least once a week, wipe off chrome using a clean soft cloth
- If the chair is exposed to moisture, dry the chair immediately
- The metal parts of the chair should be polished once a month with an auto wax
- Clean the upholstery with a mild soap solution, rinse and wipe dry
- Worn or torn upholstery should be replaced promptly as it may not support your body weight
- Inspect the wheels at least once a month
- Correct any side play by loosening the lock nut on the axle, then tighten the axle just enough to remove side play
- Solid rubber tires require limited upkeep, but need to be cleaned periodically with a damp cloth
- Solid rubber tires need to be replaced if they become cracked or severely worn
- Before entering or leaving the chair, engage the dual wheel locks against the tires on both rear wheels
- Make sure the front casters are in the forward position before transferring into or out of the chair
- Do not move forward on the seat while leaning forward out of the chair
- If it is absolutely necessary to do so, make sure the front casters are in the forward position
- If you are picking an object up from the floor, go past the object and then go backwards
- The casters will then swing to the forward position
- Leaning out of the transport chair without proper assistance could cause tipping
- Do not step on the foot plates when transferring, as this could cause tipping
- To Open the chair, tilt to one side and push down on seat rails.
- Lift back support to upright position. The lock to secure the back will engage automatically. To fold down and store, pull up on locks simultaneously, and carefully fold down the back support.
- To attach footrests, align the holes on the footrest arm with the pegs on the frame of the Transport chair.
- To Adjust the length of the footrests, loosen the bolt (or knob) on the telescoping tube shaft. Tighten securely after adjustment. The lowest part of the footrest should not be less than 2 1/2 inches from the ground to permit proper clearance.
- To remove the Swing-away footrest, release the lock. Swing outward and rearward. Simply lift up and off to remove the footrest.
- The safety belt is already attached for use and should not be removed from the Transport Chair.
Note: The Transport Chair should not be operated without the assistance of an attendant.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Drive Medical Lightweight Steel Transport Wheelchair Specifications
|Overall Width ( open)||21.5"||23.5"|
|Overall Width ( closed)||8"|| 10.75"|
|Seat Dimensions (Width)||17"||19"|
|Seat Dimensions (Depth)||16" ||16"|
|Overall Length w/Riggings||33"||33"|
|Weight||26 lbs||26 lbs|
|Weight Limit||250 lbs||250 lbs|
|Carton Shipping Weight||31 lbs||31 lbs|
Drive Medical Lightweight Steel Transport Warranty
Lifetime limited warranty