Why Choose Drive Poly-Fly Lightweight Wheelchair?
- Drive Poly-Fly Lightweight Transport Chair Wheelchair comes with anti-tippers
- Comes standard with swing away foot rests with composite footplates and heel loops
- Comes with two sets of brakes: One for use with wheelchair, one for use with transport chair
- Easily converts from a transport chair to a self-propelled wheelchair
- Fold down back
- High strength, Lightweight
- Nylon upholstery
- Quick release 24" wheels can be removed to transition self propelled chair to a transport chair
Drive Poly-Fly Chair User Manual
Poly-Fly Lightweight Transport Chair Parts description
What to buy with Poly-Fly Transport Chair?
How to operate Poly-fly Lightweight Wheelchair?
To Open the chair, tilt to one sides and push down on seat rails.
Lift back support to upright position. The lock to secure the back will engage automatically. To fold down and store, pull up on locks simultaneously, and carefully fold down the back support.
To attach footrests, align the holes on the footrest arm with the pegs on the frame of the Transport chair.
To Adjust the length of the footrests, loosen the bolt (or knob) on the telescoping tube shaft. Tighten securely after adjustment. The lowest part of the footrest should not be less than 2 1/2 inches from the ground to permit proper clearance.
To remove the Swing-away footrest, release the lock. Swing outward and rearward. Simply lift up and off to remove the footrest.
To transition to self propelled chair, lift rear of Poly-fly chair, depress quick release push button on 24” wheel and slide into top axle as shown. Rear 8” casters are to remain on chair
How to Maintain Drive Poly-Fly Transport Chair?
- Proper care and maintenance is important in order to keep your Wheelchair/Transport Chair in good working condition.
- Be sure that your chair is in proper working condition at all times.
- At least once a week, wipe off chrome using a clean soft cloth. If the chair is exposed to moisture, dry the chair immediately.
- The metal parts of the chair should be polished once a month with an auto wax.
- Clean the upholstery with a mild soap solution, rinse and wipe dry. Worn or torn upholstery should be replaced promptly as it may not support your body weight.
- Inspect the wheels at least once a month. Correct any side play by loosening the lock nut on the axle, then tighten the axle just enough to remove side play.
- Solid rubber tires require limited upkeep, but need to be cleaned periodically with a damp cloth.
- Solid rubber tires need to be replaced if they become cracked or severely worn.
Poly-Fly Transport Chair Safety Tips
- Before entering or leaving the chair, engage the dual wheel locks against the tires on both rear wheels.
- Make sure the front casters are in the forward position before transferring into or out of the chair.
- Do not move forward on the seat while leaning forward out of the chair. If it is absolutely necessary to do so, make sure the front casters are in the forward position.
- If you are picking an object up from the floor, go past the object, and then go backwards. The casters will then swing to the forward position.
- Leaning out of the transport chair without proper assistance could cause tipping.
- Do not step on the footplates when transferring, as this could cause tipping
Note: The Poly-fly wheelchair/transport chair does not conform to Federal Standards for automobile seating and should not be used as a seat in a motor vehicle.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Drive Poly-Fly Specifications
|Overall Width (open)
|Overall Width (close)
|Seat to Floor Height
|Overall Length with Riggings
|Product Weight Capacity
Poly-fly Lightweight Wheelchair Warranty
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Poly-fly Wheelchair Reviews