Drive Patient Lift Sling Features
- Drive Full Body Patient Sling For Floor Lifts comes with 4 sling points
- Outer side of the sling features a handle for assistance in positioning the patient in a wheelchair, commode, etc
- Edging is soft yet durable with reinforced stitching for safety
- Constructed with a high back section that provides additional support for the head and neck
- Padded under thigh section for comfort
Drive Lift Patient Sling User Manual
What to buy with Drive Patient Lift Slings
How to use Drive Patient Lift Sling?
Positioning the full body sling on the mattress:
- Position the patient in the center of the bed and laying flat on his/her back.
- Fold the sling in half (length wise) and place the sling beside the patient.
- The top edge of the sling should be slightly above the patients head.
- The bottom edge of the sling should be a few inches above the back of the patients knees.
- Two (2) assistants be used when positioning the patient on a sling. The bed rails may be raised to minimize patient movement.
- With one (1) assistant holding the patient, the second assistant pushes the folded sling under the patient without rolling him/her over.
Positioning the patient on the sling with or without commode opening:
Note: Use the following method to easily move the patient and avoid strain to yourself.
- If the patient is to roll to their Left Side, then elevate the patients Right Knee until the right foot is flat on the bed
Note: Two (2) assistants be used when positioning the patient onto a sling.
- With an assistant on each side of the bed and up against the mattress, the assistant on the lefthand side of the bed will position his/her right hand on the elevated knee and his/her left hand under the patients right shoulder, slowly push on the knee and assist with a slight lift of the shoulder. The patient will easily roll onto their side.
- With the patient on their side, push the fabrics of the seat and back gently under them.
Note: The patients head should be positioned in the headrest just below the top edge for maximum comfort and the lower edge of the seat section positioned a few inches above the back of the patients knees.
- Roll the patient on to his/her back, Assistants will reverse roles.
- After the patient has been positioned on his/her back, roll the patient to their right side (facing the assistant on the left).
- With an assistant on each side of the bed and up against the mattress, the assistant on the right side of the bed will elevate the left knee and position his/her right hand under the patients left shoulder, slowly push on the knee and assist with a slight lift of the shoulder and the patient will easily roll onto their side.
- Pull the fabrics of the seat and back across the mattress until they are smooth.
- Roll the patient onto their back and they should be approximately centered on the sling.
- Position the lift for use.
Note: The lift must be positioned for use before the slings can be attached.
Care and Instructions:
- Machine Wash in warm or cold water.
- Maximum washing temperature 105°F (40.5°C).
- Air Dry, or Tumble Dry at cool or very low temperature.
- Do not Tumble Dry at high temperature.
- Use Non-Enzyme detergent.
- Do not use bleach
- Do not wash with other colors.
- Inspect patient slings for wear prior to each use. If signs of tearing, fraying or wear are found discard the sling immediately
- Worn out slings are not safe for use and may result in injury or death.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Drive Patient Lift Sling Specification
53" x 42"
58" x 45"
60" x 44"
Drive Patient Lift Sling Warranty
6 months limited warranty