Pulmo Aide Compact Compressor Nebulizer Features
- Effective Medication Delivery: The high flow rate and efficient nebulizer cup of the Pulmo-Aide Compact Compressor Nebulizer System ensure that medication is delivered quickly and effectively to the patient's lungs. This can help to alleviate symptoms and provide relief for respiratory conditions
- Portable and Lightweight: The compact design makes it easy to transport and use on-the-go. The built-in handle and cord storage area make it convenient to carry, while the lightweight design makes it easy to move from room to room
- Durable and Easy to Maintain: The nebulizer cup and tubing kit are made of durable plastic that is easy to clean and maintain. This ensures that the device can be used for a long time and that the patient receives consistent, effective treatment
- Customizable Treatment Options: Comes with a variety of accessories, including a Mouthpiece for Nebulizer, T-piece, and tubing extension, which allow for customized treatment options. This can help to ensure that the patient receives the right dose of medication and that treatment is tailored to their specific needs
Devilbiss Nebulizer Parts Description
DeVilbiss 3655 Compressor (Figures A & B)
- Power switch
- Filter (non-washable)
- Air-outlet connector
- Carrying handle
- Power cord storage recess
- Corrugated tubing
- Medication cup
- Nebulizer air-inlet connector
How does the system work?
The Pulmo-Aide Compact Compressor Nebulizer System converts liquid medication into a fine mist that can be inhaled into the lungs. The medication is placed in the nebulizer cup, which is then connected to the compressor via the tubing kit. The compressor then delivers compressed air to the nebulizer cup, which converts the medication into a mist for inhalation.
Frequently Bought Together
Replacement accessories available separately
How to use Devilbiss Compact Compressor?
- Start by placing the Devilbiss Compact Compressor on a smooth, level surface so that the controls can be easily reached when seated. Do not block the air openings of the compressor or place it on a soft surface, such as bed, couch or patient lap where the air openings may be blocked.
- Make sure the power switch is in the "Off" position. Power cord is then unwrapped and plugged into an appropriate wall outlet. Plug machine into a grounded wall outlet.
Note: Must be operated on the specified power source to avoid risk of electric shock and damage to the compressor.
- Wash hands.
- One end of nebulizer tubing is then connected to the compressor air-outlet connector.
Note: During high-humidity weather conditions, condensation (water build up) can occur in the nebulizer tubing.
- Assemble clean Devilbiss nebulizer and add prescribed medication.
- Assemble mouthpiece, corrugated tubing, t-piece (if applicable) and insert into the top of the nebulizer cap. When you are using an aerosol mask, insert the bottom of the mask into the top of the nebulizer cap directly.
- Attach tubing to nebulizer air-inlet connector.
- Press the power switch "On" to start the Pulmo Aide Compact Compressor.
- Begin treatment by placing the mouthpiece between teeth. Keeping your mouth closed, inhale slowly and deeply through mouth as aerosol begins to flow, then exhale slowly through the mouthpiece. If treatment needs to be interrupted, simply press power switch "Off".
Note: Your physician may recommend a specific breathing pattern during treatment. If so, follow his/her recommendations.
- If an aerosol mask is used, place the mask over mouth and nose. As aerosol begins to flow, inhale deeply and slowly through mouth, then exhale slowly.
- When treatment is complete, turn unit off by pressing the power switch to the "Off" position. Unplug the unit from the wall power outlet.
How to clean?
Clean After Every Use:
- With power switch in the “Off” position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Disconnect tubing from the air-inlet connector and set aside.
- Disassemble mouthpiece or mask from cap. Open nebulizer by turning cap counterclockwise and removing baffle.
- Wash all items, except tubing, in a warm water/dishwashing detergent solution. Rinse under warm tap water for 30 seconds to remove detergent residue. Allow to air dry.
- For reusable nebulizer only, clean daily in dishwasher using top shelf.
Caution: The reusable nebulizer is dishwasher safe, but do not place any disposable nebulizer parts in an automatic dishwasher; doing so could cause damage.
- Using a clean container or bowl, soak items in three parts warm water (131˚F-149ºF/55˚C-65˚C) to one part white vinegar (>=5% acetic acid concentration) for 30 minutes (Fig. 7) OR use a medical bacterial-germicidal disinfectant available through your provider. Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- With clean hands, remove items from disinfectant solution, rinse under warm tap water, and air dry on a clean paper towel. Store in a zip-lock bag.
Note: Do not towel dry nebulizer parts; this could cause contamination.
- With power switch in the "Off" position, unplug power cord from wall outlet.
- Wipe the compressor cabinet from outside with a clean damp cloth every few days to keep dust-free.
Note: Do not submerge in water; doing so will result in compressor damage.
How to change filter?
- Filter should be changed every 6 months or sooner if filter discolors.
- Remove filter by grasping it firmly and pulling out of the unit. Discard old filter.
- Replace with a new DeVilbiss filter. Additional filters should be purchased from your DeVilbiss Healthcare provider.
- Push new filter into position.
Pulmo-Aide Nebulizer Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should the air filter of the Pulmo Aide Compressor Nebulizer be changed?
The manufacturer recommends changing the air filter every six months.
Can I use the Devilbiss Compact Compressor for both children and adults?
Yes, the system comes with both a pediatric and an adult mask, making it suitable for patients of all ages.
Is the DeVilbiss Pulmo-Aide Compact Compressor Nebulizer System portable and lightweight?
Yes, the machine is compact, lightweight, and easy to transport, making it ideal for use at home or on the go.
How long does it take to administer a nebulizer treatment with the Pulmo Aide Nebulizer?
A nebulizer treatment typically takes around 10-15 minutes to complete.
Can I use the Devilbiss Nebulizer Machine with any brand of medication?
The system can be used with most types of nebulizer medications prescribed by a doctor or healthcare professional.
Pulmo Aide 3655D Nebulizer Specifications
||7.5" W x 4.0" H x 7.2" D
||2.5amps, 115VAC 60Hz
|Maximum compressor pressure
|Compressor free air flow
|Operating temperature range
||+40° to +104°F (+5 to +40°C)
||up to 95% non-condensing
|Storage/Transport Temperature Range
||-40° to +158°F (-40° to +70°C)
|Supplied Nebulizer Nebulization Rate
||0.15 ml/min or greater
|Supplied Nebulizer MMAD
||5 microns or less
|Supplied nebulizer capacity
||10 ml (cc)
|Supplied Nebulizer Operating Pressure
||12 psig (min)
DeVilbiss Pulmo Aide Warranty
Five Year Warranty: DeVilbiss Compressor models are warranted to be free from defective workmanship and material for a period of five years from the date of purchase. Any defective parts will be repaired or replaced at DeVilbiss option if the unit has not been tampered with or used improperly during that period. Make certain that any malfunction is not due to inadequate cleaning or failure to follow the instructions.
DeVilbiss Compact Compressor Reviews