Adult Air Hand Orthosis Features
- Comfy Adult Air Hand Orthosis performs passive range of motion
- Can be bended at the wrist to the desired degree of extension
- Supports and positions the weakened hand and reduces pain
- Soft straps accommodate fluctuations in edema
- Terry-cloth cover prevents skin breakdown
- Soft, absorbent and easy-to-use splint
- Wrist to the Tip of Middle Finger: 7" to 8"
- Total Length: 12.5"
Benefits of Comfy Adult Air Hand Orthosis
- Patented malleable frame can be bent to fit
- Removable headliner cover is machine washable (Laundering Bag Included)
- Antimicrobial treated for skin breakdown prevention
- Universal Adult Sizing
What to buy with Comfy Hand Orthosis
Instructions to use Comfy Hand Air Orthosis
- Perform Passive Range of motion (PROM) to allow for maximal wrist and finger extension.
- Bend splint at wrist to the desired degree of extension. Do not remove insert from fabric cover, as all position can be done while the insert is in the cover. Place hand on splint, with fingers around the inflatable hand roll, thumb wrapped around under the hand roll.
- Place clear part of inflation bulb into clear valve at end of the inflatable hand roll. Squeeze the inflation bulb to inflate hand roll to achieve the desired degrees of finger extension.
- Once the desired angulations of the wrist and fingers are achieved, wrap the straps around the hand, wrist and forearm and secure with hook and loop tape. The strap across the fingers is bifurcated to go above and below the end of the hand roll to provide a more secure hold of the splint.
- To deflate the hand roll, simply place the black side of the inflation bulb into the clear valve of the hand rolls and squeeze the inflation bulb. This will remove the air from the hand roll.
- Check the ComfySplints™ Hand Air Orthosis every two hours for pressure areas, edema or skin irritation. If signs of redness, increased swelling or pain appear discontinue use and notify physician.
When to use Hand Air Orthosis?
This splint is to be used to position and support hands that present with Wrist, MP, PIP or DIP flexion pattern, ulnar deviation, wrist drop, arthritic changes or any deformity related to neuromuscular impairment.
Hand Orthosis Contraindications
The ComfySplints™ Hand Air Orthosis should not be used if the patient has any circulatory problems, pressure areas or skin irritations.
The ComfySplints™ Hand Air Orthosis should be applied and fitted only by a trained professional. Fit and shape Orthosis according to patient’s requirements and as indicated in instructions. Check Orthosis fit and place two fingers under strap to ensure strap is not too tight.
Note : Check Orthosis at least every two hours until removed, to see if there are any problems such as skin abrasions, redness, blisters, or increased edema (if straps are too tight). With patients who have sensory deficits, the Orthosis should be checked more frequently.
Maintenance of Orthosis
The Cover of this ComfySplints™ Hand Air Orthosis is designed to be removable for laundering. The fabric cover can be washed by hand or by machine in lukewarm water. Do not use bleach or hot water. Air or tumble dry on cool or warm setting. Wiping both sides with a solution of warm water and detergent or with disinfectant can clean the bend-able white insert. If any of the metal frames becomes exposed, cease using the device.