Coloplast SpeediCath Flex Pro Catheter Features
- Features a flexible catheter shaft that allows for easy insertion and navigation through the urinary tract
- The catheter has a coude (curved) tip, which is specifically designed to navigate past obstructions or strictures in the urethra
- Pre-hydrated and coated with a hydrophilic surface that becomes extremely slippery when activated with water
- Designed for easy handling and intuitive use
- It features an ergonomic grip and a ring pull opening, allowing for quick and easy access to the catheter
- The catheter is compact and discreet, making it convenient for travel and use outside of the home
- It is individually packaged and pre-hydrated, ensuring sterility and convenience
Key benefits of Speedicath Flex Catheter
The soft-squeeze grip makes it easy to guide the tip into the urethra safely without touching it. The dry sleeve means the catheter can be inserted without having to touch the tube itself.
The flexible catheter has a fixed curved tip that can bend to follow the curves of the urethra. The soft bead at the end of the tip guides the catheter for easy insertion.
For neat, discreet, and hygienic handling and disposal, SpeediCath Flex Coude Pro is re-closable and features non-medical packaging.
When to use an intermittent catheter?
There are many disorders and ailments that may result in a person losing his/her ability to empty out the bladder the normal way:
Frequently Bought Together
How to use SpeediCath Flex Coude Soft Catheter for Male?
- Gather supplies: Ensure you have all the necessary supplies, including the SpeediCath Flex Coude Pro catheter, water, gloves, antiseptic wipes, a collection bag (if needed), and a clean surface.
- Wash your hands: Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water before starting the catheterization process. You may also choose to wear sterile gloves to maintain cleanliness.
- Clean the genital area: Use an antiseptic wipe to clean the urethral opening and the surrounding area.
- Position yourself: Find a comfortable position that allows easy access to the urethra. This could be sitting on the toilet, standing with one leg elevated, or lying down with your knees bent.
- Insert the catheter: Hold the SpeediCath Flex by the gripper handle and gently insert it into the urethra. Follow the curvature of your anatomy, using the coude tip to navigate any obstructions if necessary. Slowly advance the catheter until urine begins to flow.
- Drain the bladder: Allow urine to flow freely into a collection bag or toilet. Avoid touching the catheter or allowing it to come into contact with any surfaces during this process.
- Remove the catheter: Once the flow of urine has stopped, gently remove the catheter from the urethra. Be careful not to pull on the catheter forcefully or abruptly.
- Dispose of the catheter: Discard the used catheter in a designated waste container.
- If you experience symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or are unable to pass the catheter into the bladder, contact your healthcare professional
- Before using the device, carefully read the product labels and information accompanying the device including the instructions for use which contain additional safety information
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of the flexible tip?
It provides increased comfort, easier navigation through the urinary tract, reduced trauma to the urethra, and improved safety during catheterization.
How do I empty the water inside the sleeve?
To empty the water inside the sleeve, you can follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Open the package and remove the catheter.
- Hold the catheter with the curved tip pointing down.
- Gently squeeze the sleeve so that the water drains out.
- Dispose of the water properly.
Can I touch the catheter?
No, you should not touch the catheter. The catheter is sterile and touching it with your hands can introduce bacteria, which can increase the risk of infection.
Does SpeediCath Flex Pro Coude have a urine bag connector?
Yes. SpeediCath Flex Pro Coude can be attached to any standard urine bag.
Coloplast SpeediCath Flex Coude Male Catheter Reviews