Features of Biotrue Contact Solution
- Contains hyaluronan (HA) - Biotrue contact solution hydrates your contact lenses in the same way that your eyes naturally hydrate – by utilizing hyaluronan (HA), a lubricant found in your eyes
- The same pH as healthy tears - Matches the pH of healthy tears and enables optimal performance of the dual disinfectants
- Up to 20 hours of moisture - Biotrue multi purpose solution utilizes the eye's natural lubricant, hyaluronan (HA). Even up to 20 hours, hyaluronan remains on the lenses
- Beneficial tear proteins - Biotrue solution keeps healthy tear proteins active, maintaining their inherent antimicrobial activity. It also lifts and removes denatured proteins - those that have lost their structure due to factors such as external stresses. They act as your eye’s inborn germ fighters
- Exceptional Disinfection - It combines a dual disinfection system and pH equal to healthy tears and protein management to provide exceptional disinfection
- Up to 20 hours of moisture
- Uses a lubricant found naturally in your eyes
- Matches the pH of healthy tears
- Kills 99.9% of germs that can cause eye infections
How does bio true contact lens solution work?
When used daily, it dissolves protein, cleans, loosens, and removes the accumulation of film, debris, and deposits from soft contact lenses. It helps prevent the formation of irritating deposits on the lens surface and kills harmful microorganisms on the lens. While your lens is soaking, the formula envelops the lens in a moisture-rich cushion to help the lens remain comfortable throughout the day. It can also be used to rinse lenses.
Who can use biotrue solution?
- Daily conditioning
- Removal of protein deposits
- Chemical (not heat) disinfection
- Storage of soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses, including silicone hydrogel contact lenses, as recommended by your eye care practitioner
Contraindications (Reasons not to use)
- If you are allergic to any ingredient in this product, do not use
What to buy with Bio True Contact Lens Solution
How to use Biotrue Multi Purpose Solution?
To condition, clean, remove protein, and disinfect lenses, complete these simple steps. This daily regimen is recommended by Bausch + Lomb for a healthy and comfortable contact lens wearing experience:
- Place at least 3 drops of Biotrue contact solution on each side of the lens surface and gently rub for 20 seconds
- Thoroughly rinse each side of the lens for 5 seconds with the solution
- Place cleaned contact lenses in the lens case and fill them with fresh solution. Soak for at least 4 hours. Remember to always use fresh solution – discard solution from lens case after each use
Contact lenses are now ready to wear. If any debris remains on contact lenses, rinse with the solution prior to insertion.
How to maintain good lens care hygiene?
- Always wash and rinse your hands before you handle your lenses
- Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them
- Always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mixups
- After use, always empty and rinse the lens case with fresh solution, and allow it to air dry
- Always discard the solution from the lens case after each use
- Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use
- Store solution at room temperature
- Use before the expiration date marked on the carton and bottle
- Discard any remaining solution 90 days after opening
- Keep out of reach of children
Biotrue Multipurpose Solution User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions About Biotrue Solution
1. Can I use biotrue sloution as eye drops?
No, the biotrue contact solution is not indicated as a rewetting drop.
2. Is biotrue contact solution indicated for soft lenses?
Biotrue contact solution is for all soft contact lenses, including silicone hydrogel lenses.
3. Is biotrue multi purpose solution recommended for "no rub"?
It is indicated as a rub regimen.
4. Can I use biotrue contact solution directly in my eye to rewet contact lenses?
Bio true contact lens solution is not indicated as a rewetting drop.
5. Can biotrue contact solution be used with rigid gas-permeable lenses?
No, Biotrue is not indicated for use with GP (RGP) lenses.
6. How long can you store your lenses in this contact solution?
Contact lenses can be stored for up to 30 days in an unopened lens case. If stored longer than 30 days between wear, lenses must be cleaned and disinfected with fresh solution prior to use.
7. How long can I use my bottle of biotrue contact solution?
Discard any remaining solution 90 days after opening the bottle. Use before the expiration date marked on the carton and bottle.