BD Insyte Autoguard Shielded Iv Catheter Features
- Material softens once inserted for greater comfort
- This Vascular Access Device eliminates need for venous compression during insertion
- Blood Control Technology designed to prevent blood leakage during insertion
- Push-Button retraction for safety and needlestick prevention
- BD Instaflash for confirms correct insertion and promotes first-stick success
- Softens in the vein and reduces risk of mechanical phlebitis
- BD Vialon biomaterial enables longer dwell times
- Fewer blood leaks means less disruption to patient care
Blood Control Technology
During insertion of an IV, blood can occasionally leak or drip out, which can be messy and time-consuming to clean. The Insyte Autoguard IV Catheter technology prevents leakage, which not only limits risky exposure to blood but also minimizes cleanup time and the use of supplies associated with blood spills. The BD Insyte Autoguard BC shielded IV catheter with blood control technology addresses these challenges:
- No venous compression required during insertion
- Less mess and minimized healthcare worker risk resulting from blood leakage
- Needlestick injury protection
- Less blood leakage means less disruption during the patient’s care
IV Placement and Pressure
BD Vialon Biomaterial:
The catheter material is designed to resist kinking and softens up to 70% in the vein, enabling longer dwell times and reducing the chance of mechanical phlebitis by up to 50%.
BD Instaflash Needle Technology
Incorporates a notched needle (20- to 24-gauge) which may improve first-stick success and reduce painful hit-and-miss insertions.
Push-Button Needle-Shielding Technology
The BD Insyte is designed to provide superior clinician safety. The push-button needle retraction system helps to prevent needle sticks and incidental blood spills. Once retracted, the entire length of the needle is sheathed and may be safely disposed of in a sharps receptacle.
Frequently Bought Together