Features of Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid
- Works with your body's natural process to gently relieve occasional constipation
- Saline laxative with 1200 mg of Magnesium hydroxide
- Cramp and stimulant-free
- Available in original and fresh-mint flavor
- Generally produces a bowel movement in 1/2 hour to 6 hours
- Each 15 mL contains: magnesium 500 mg and sodium 3 mg
Magnesium hydroxide 1200 mg
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #28, flavor, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium hypochlorite, sucrose, xanthan gum.
Treatment for Constipation
- Normalization of the diet: Eat high-fiber foods such as whole-wheat grains, fresh vegetables, and beans.
- Setting Enemas: A warm mineral oil enema is often used to soften and lubricate the stool.
- Antispasmodic: Antispasmodic drugs relieve stomach cramps and relax the smooth muscle of the gut.
- Drinking at least 2 liters of water: Increasing water content inside the gut can help soften stools and stimulate bowel movements.
- Increase your physical activity to normalize the work of the intestine
- Oil intake: One tablespoon of olive oil, taken on an empty stomach in the morning, may relieve constipation for many healthy adults.
- Taking sedatives for constipation relief
- Belly massage: Belly massage can be effective in treating chronic constipation.
Frequently Bought Together
How to take?
- Do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24-hour period.
- Shake Phillips Milk Of Magnesia Liquid well before use.
- The dose may be taken once a day, preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor.
- Drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose.
- For accurate dosing, only use the dosing cup provided.
- mL = milliliter.
- Store at room temperature.
- Avoid excessive heat above 40ºC (104°F).
- Avoid freezing.
- Close the cap tightly after use
|adults and children 12 years and older
||30 mL to 60 mL
|children 6 to 11 years
||15 mL to 30 mL
|children under 6 years
||ask a doctor
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- Stop using and ask a doctor if
- You have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- You need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much Milk of Magnesia liquid can I take for occasional constipation?
Milk of Magnesia may be taken once a day, preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor. You may see the dosage instruction table for accurate dosage.
2. How long does it take for Phillips milk of magnesia to work?
It generally produces a bowel movement in 1/2 hour to 6 hours. However, this can vary according to the individual.
3. What is the milk of magnesia liquid used for?
It can be used as a laxative to relieve constipation and can also be used to relieve indigestion, excess acid and wind, heartburn, and stomach discomfort.