How do Opcon-A eye drops work?
Opcon-A contains Naphazoline which is a decongestant. It is used to relieve redness, puffiness, and itchiness in the eyes which commonly occur due to allergies. They temporarily reduce swelling of the eye’s blood vessels. When these blood vessels are no longer swollen, the pink or red hue in the eyes gets disappears.
What to buy with Opcon-A Eye Allergy Relief Drops
How do Bausch and Lomb eye drops work?
Bausch & Lomb Opcon-A contains Naphazoline which is a decongestant. It is used to relieve redness, puffiness, and itchiness. They temporarily reduces swelling of the eye’s blood vessels. When these blood vessels are no longer swollen, the eye’s pink or red hue disappears.
Bausch & Lomb Eye Drops IngredientsActive ingredients
Naphazoline HCI (0.02675%).............Redness reliever
Pheniramine maleate (0.315%)..........AntihistamineInactive ingredients
benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, edetate disodium, hypromellose, purified water, sodium borate, sodium chloride. Hydrochloric acid may be used to adjust pH
DirectionsAdults and children 6 years of age and older :
instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times daily. Children under 6 years:
ask a doctor
WarningsFor external use only
Do not use
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
- if solution changes color or becomes cloudy
When using this product
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- narrow angle glaucoma
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- overuse may cause more eye redness
- pupils may become enlarged temporarily
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- you may feel a brief tingling after putting drops in eye
- replace cap after use
- remove contact lenses before using
Keep out of reach of children.
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- redness or irritation of the eye that worsens or lasts more than 72 hours
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Accidental oral ingestion in infants and children may lead to coma and marked reduction in body temperature.