Features of Bard Bedside Urine Drainage Bag
- Bard EZ-LOK Sampling Port allows for needle-free aspiration and eliminates the risk of needlestick injuries
- Single-use Bard drainage Bag for nighttime use
- Bard Drain bag is bacteriostatic and designed to reduce the risk of infection (UTI)
- Anti-Reflux Chamber has a unique dome design that prevents the backflow of urine from the Bard Drainage Bag to the drainage tube
- Plastic hinged hanger and string attached
- Latex-free bedside bag
What to buy with Bard Urine Bag
Bard Catheter Bag Instructions
- Remove the protective cap from the drainage tube and connect it to the catheter
- Using string or hook, position the hanger on the bedside rail
- To secure the drainage tube to the sheet, use a sheeting clip. Make sure that the Bard Bedside Center-Entry Urine Drainage Bag is placed near the foot of the bed.
How to drain it?
When using a urine meter, it can be emptied in the following ways:
- To empty into the bag, hold the bottom of the meter and lift it up. To confirm that the meter empties completely, it is recommended to lift again.
- For emptying the urine meter into a receptacle, twist the green portion of the drain valve to the left; to close, twist the green portion of the drain valve to the right.
How to empty a Bard catheter bag with a clamp?
To empty Bard Urinary Drainage Bag:
- Remove the outlet tube from the housing; gently squeeze the connector arms and pull the tube from the housing.
- Release the clamp and empty the Bard Urine Drainage Bag.
- Once you have emptied the bard urinary drainage bag, re-clamp the outlet tube and slide the connector into the housing until connector arms are engaged.
- Periodic examination of the system should be made to ensure that there is a free flow of urine. If there is a standing column of urine, check for the correct positioning of the Bard Urinary Drainage bag and then for a physical obstruction. If correct positioning or removal of physical obstruction does not allow free flow, the bag may have to be changed.
- If Bard Night Drainage Bag is not positioned correctly, urine may bypass the meter and go directly to the bag. Reposition the bag as necessary.
How to use Bard urinary drainage bag?
- Periodic inspection of the system should be made to see if urine is flowing freely and is not obstructed
- Bard Bedside Center-Entry Urine Drainage Bag should be placed near the foot of the bed and below the level of the patient's hip
- Drain tubing should be secured to the draw sheet with the sheeting clip to provide a continuous downward-sloping path to the drainage bag
- Excess tubing should be arranged or coiled in such a manner that does not allow the tubing to kink or fall below the level of the drainage bag
- When transporting the patient, do not place the Bard Night Drainage Bag on the abdomen or between the legs of the patient
- To promote optimum drainage, position the drainage tubing over the leg of the patient. This is especially important if the patient is obese
- Never place on the floor
Bard Drainage Bag FAQs
1. When often should a Urinary Catheter Bag be emptied?
Empty the catheter bag when the bag becomes full and heavy. It should be emptied when the bag is about 1/2 - 3/4 full.
2. How to change Bard Catheter Drainage Bag?
- Wash your hands
- To empty the bard urinary drainage bag, disconnect the tube from the catheter bag
- Drain the urine completely from the catheter bag without touching the vale tip
- Clean your hands with soap and water
3. How to dispose of a Bladder Bag?
Put the drainage bag into a waste dustbin or plastic bag
4. How often should Bard Catheter Drainage Bag be changed?
It is recommended to replace a catheter bag once a week. It should be changed every time when a catheter is changed.
5. What is a urinary drainage bag?
Urine drainage bags collect urine. The bag will attach to a catheter (tube) that is inside your bladder. The user may have a catheter and urine drainage bag because the user has urinary leakage, not being able to urinate, the surgery that made a catheter necessary, or another health problem.
6. Can you sleep with a urine leg bag?
The user can sleep in any position as long as the bard bedside drainage bag is below the bladder. The user should not place the urine bag on the floor. Always keep the urine bag below the bladder, which is at the level of the waist.
7. Where should a catheter drainage bag be placed?
The urine bag should be hung over the side of the bed below the level of your bladder so that urine will flow easily.
Bard Bedside Catheter Bags Reviews