Short Air Cast Boot Features
- Customizable, independent aircells (no separate hand bulb): Integrated inflation system which puts the patient in control for an individualized fit
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread: For greater traction and longer wear
- Removal of heel pain: SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates the energy during heel strike
- Low profile rocker sole:
- Lab-designed rocker sole, enables a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulations and reduces hyperextension of the knee
- Toe-off section continues the rocking motion, enhancing mobility
- Mid-stance section is designed to minimize hip differential
- Walking Boot has custom and comfortable fit:
- Trimmable and heat moldable semi-rigid shell makes it easy to custom-fit the brace to the patient
- Sleek, open-frame design provides ventilation and maximum patient protection and compliance
- Shell contours around the malleoli, eliminating pressure for sustained comfort
- These Walking boots have improved width around the ankle area as well as uniformed sizing throughout the various sizes of the boot (XS-XL)
- Ease of application:
- Three-strap system evenly disperses pressure, eliminates pooling of edema
- Integrated inflation system is intuitive and permits quick and easy customization of each aircell
- Material Components
- Shell: Polypropylene
- Front Panel: High Density Polyethylene
- Straps: Nylon
- Inflation Pumps: Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Liner: Nylon/Polyurethane/Polyester (Outer/Foam/Inner mesh)
- Binding: Polyester
- Outer Sole/Insole: Eva/Rubber
When to use AirSelect Short?
Effective for the treatment of:
- Forefoot, midfoot, and hindfoot injuries
- Foot fractures Soft tissue, tendon, or ligament injuries, or procedures
- Acute or post-operative care (i.e. bunionectomy, removal of a bunion, osteotomy, removal of bone near a damaged joint, etc.)
- Ankle sprains
- Effective in fracture healing and the management of edema(swelling)
What to buy with Aircast Walking Boot
How to apply Airselect Orthopedic Walking Boots?
- Prepare Brace – Unfasten straps, remove the front panel, and open liner
- Apply Brace –
- While seated, place foot in brace. Position heel in back of brace. Wrap liner around foot and then ankle.
- Replace front panel: Position front panel so the Aircast logo is over the toes and the foot panel is situated inside the brace. The upper part of the panel should be secured outside the brace.
- Secure straps from bottom to top. Tighten until snug and comfortable.
- Adjust Aircell Compression - The Short Walking brace Aircells are initially deflated.
- Begin inflation on injured side first. Turn the SELECTOR found on the right-side of the brace to the appropriate number. Number 1 inflates the aircell on the right-side, Number 2 inflates the aircell on the left-side and Number 3 inflates the back aircell.
- To inflate aircell, press and release large inflation pump found on the top right-side of brace. Pump until aircell feels snug.
- To inflate other aircells, rotate SELECTOR to the appropriate number and then press and release large inflation pump. Pump until aircell feels snug
- In the event of over-inflation, deflate aircells
- Deflate Aircells:
- To deflate aircells, turn the SELECTOR found on the right-side of the brace to the proper aircell number
- Press and hold finger on the small release button found on the top right-side of brace
- Deflate until pressure is comfortable.
Note: Deflate aircells before removing brace for proper fit when reapplying. Higher pressure provides more support when walking, lower pressure is more comfortable when sitting or reclining. Pressure can also be adjusted by tightening or loosening straps.
Aircast AirSelect Short Walking Boot User Manual
Warnings and Precautions:
- Do not over-inflate aircells
- Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation, especially in people with diabetic neuropathy (a diabetic nerve condition)
- Check your skin frequently for spots and skin irritation
- If you see any skin changes or feelings of discomfort, reduce the aircell compression
- Do not use this device if you cannot feel sensations whether due to post-op anesthesia, nerve, skin or other conditions
- Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury
Cleaning Instructions for Aircast Boot
- The foam liner may be hand-washed in 86°F/30°C water with mild detergent and air-dried
- Do not put in dryer or use other heat source to dry
Reasons to buy from HPFY
- Customer care available 24/7 on chat
- Safe and Secure shopping
- Flexible Payment Options
- Authorized Retailer of most reputed brands in medical supplies and equipment
Aircast Walking Boot Size Chart
||Shoe Size Men
||Shoe Size Women
||Height of Brace
||Toe Footbed Width
||Up to 4
||Up to 5
||4 to 7
||5 to 8
||7 to 10
||8 to 11
||10 to 13
||11 to 15
Aircast AirSelect Short Warranty
Six months warranty for replacement of AirSelect Short parts and its accessories.
AirSelect Short Walking Boot Reviews