How Actisorb Activated Charcoal Silver Dressing Works?
Actisorb Silver 220 Antimicrobial Binding Dressing is impregnated with silver, within a spun bonded nylon envelope. Within the dressing, there is 220mg silver per 100g activated charcoal cloth equating to 33pg of silver per square centimeter of cloth.
- Triple Action - Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing is in a class apart from other charcoal dressings. Its triple action traps odor while addressing its cause.
- Activated charcoal traps odor in the dressing
- Activated charcoal binds bacteria and toxins that impair the healing process
- Silver kills the bacteria in the dressing
- Antimicrobial Action
- Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing is effective against 150 microorganisms associated with wound infection
- Odor and Exudate Management
- Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing eliminates offensive odors and so improves the patient’s quality of life.
- The dressing also manages any exudates while helping to maintain a moist wound-healing environment
When to use Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing?
Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing provides an effective barrier to bacterial penetration and for adsorbing offending odor resulting from wounds; the binding properties of the dressing trap bacteria, bacterial toxins and odor. Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing may help reduce infection in partial and full-thickness wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- First and second-degree burns
- Donor sites
- Surgical wounds
Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing is suitable for use under compression bandaging.
Contraindications: Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing should not be used on third-degree burns.
What to buy with Systagenix Actisorb Silver Dressing
How to use Actisorb 220 Activated Charcoal Silver Dressing?
Before Actisorb 220 Application
- Always refer to the user manual for use for full details. Select a size of ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing that is slightly larger than the wound.
- Prepare the wound according to appropriate wound management protocol.
- Before application of the dressing ensure that any necrotic tissue is removed by debridement.
- Prior to application the dressing can be impregnated with saline solution or sterile water.
Activated Charcoal Dressing Preparation
- Carefully remove the dressing from the pouch using the aseptic technique and forceps.
- If necessary you can fold the dressing to fit the wound shape. ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing should not be cut, otherwise particles of activated carbon may get into the wound and cause discoloration.
Actisorb Silver 220 Dressing Application
- Gently apply ACTISORB Silver Dressing to the wound. Either side of ACTISORB Silver 220 dressing can be placed on the wound.
- The properties of the dressing are most fully utilised when ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing makes direct contact with the wound.
Secondary Dressing Application
- Cover and secure ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing with a secondary dressing such as TIELLE LIQUALOCK Dressings.
- Choose the secondary dressing based on the level of exudate. If required, the dressing may be held in place to aid application.
Actisorb Dressing Change And Removal
- ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing can remain on the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the level of exudate. The secondary absorbent dressing can be changed as required.
- Gently remove the secondary dressing.
- Gently remove ACTISORB Silver 220 Dressing from the wound bed and discard.
- Do not re-use.
- Do not re-sterilize.
- Do not use if package is damaged.
- The use by date of this product is printed on the packaging.
Actisorb Activated Charcoal Dressing Precautions
- This product should not be cut, otherwise particles of activated charcoal may get into the wound and cause discoloration.
- The dressing performance may be impaired by excess use of petrolatum based ointments.
- Clinicians/Healthcare Professionals should be aware that there are very limited data on prolonged and repeated use of silver containing dressings, particularly in children and neonates.
- Should not be used on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- For external use only.
Actisorb Silver 220 Activated Charcoal Dressing User manual
Systagenix Actisorb 220 Silver Dressing Reviews