Transpore Medical Tape Features
- This medical tape is breathable and holds well on damp and dry skin, supporting standardization for many patients
- Easy, straight, bi-directional tear for quick tailoring
- Easy to handle with gloves
- Minimal edge lift during wear
- Breathable to maintain skin integrity
- Sticks well to itself (overtaping)
Indicationsto use 3M Transpore Wound Dressing Tape
- To secure dressings to damp or dry skin
- To tape fragile, at-risk skin
- For repeated taping
- When tape width must be customized
- To anchor tubing and devices
3M Medical Tape User Guide
3M Transpore FAQ's
What to buy with 3M Transpore White Dressing Tape
3M Transpore White Commonly Asked Questions
Q: Is Transpore White a paper tape?
A: Not exactly. Even many “paper” tapes are not made of paper. For example, the backing of 3M Micropore Surgical Tape is really spun rayon. The backing of Transpore White tape is a blend of rayon and polyester fibers. Transpore White tape is breathable like a paper tape, yet it has greater strength because of the polyester fibers.
Q: How can Transpore White tape have high adhesion and yet be gentle?
A: Gentleness is related to the ease of removing tape. Transpore White tape has a special adhesive that adheres securely and yet releases well when desired. It is also breathable, permitting skin to function in a more normal manner.
Q: What types of clinicians use Transpore White tape?
A: Transpore White tape is used in many ways:
- Transpore White tape as a specialty tape: particularly in pediatrics & intensive care units
- Transpore White tape as an all-purpose, standardization tape: when the goal is to reduce costs by buying fewer types of tapes, Transpore White tape is often coupled with a soft cloth tape (3M Medipore or 3M Medipore H Tape) for acute care and extended care facilities. One or two “specialty” tape(s) (such as Cloth Adhesive Tape for the Intensive Care Units or 3M Microfoam Tape for the Cardiovascular Lab) are used to supplement these standard tapes for special secural needs.
Q: How does Transpore White dressing tape compare to the original Transpore tape?
A: Transpore White tape has slightly higher initial adhesion to both dry and damp skin and higher long-term adhesion. Transpore White tape is generally a more gentle tape with less adhesive residue, but Transpore tape has the advantage of being transparent and slightly easier to tear.