3M Nexcare Transpore Tape Features
- This medical tape is gentle to skin
- Easy, straight bi-directional tear
- Good adhesion to skin and tubing
- Holds well on damp or dry skin
- Sticks well to itself (overtaping)
- Easy to handle with gloves
- Minimal edge lift during wear
- Water-resistant and latex free
- Plastic material
- Transparent dressing
When to use 3M Nexcare Tape?
- Securing dressings to damp or dry skin
- Taping fragile, at-risk skin
- When repeated taping is needed
- Anchoring tubing and devices
- When tape width must be customized
Frequently Bought Together
How to use 3M Clear Tape?
A. General taping
- Apply the tape without tension, gently but firmly stroking the surface to maximize adhesion. Tape should extend at least one-half inch beyond the dressing. Tape should not be pulled or stretched when applied. If swelling does occur, loosen and re-fasten or replace tape to relieve the tension.
B. When compression is needed
- Place first section of tape without tension onto skin on one side of the dressing, gently pressing downward.
- With one hand, secure tape on one edge of the dressing while slightly stretching next section of tape over the dressing.
- Secure tape on opposite edge of the dressing.
- Press remaining tape onto skin without tension. Compression should come from the multiple layers of dressing material, not from excessive tension in the tape. Skin distention under tape may result in blistering and should be relieved as soon as possible.
C. When distention is anticipated
- Tape have more stretch in the cross-direction and on the bias. The direction of the stretch should be considered when securing a dressing or tubing to an area that is at high risk for distention, edema, hematoma formation, or movement. Anecdotally, applying soft cloth tape parallel to the incision appears to be associated with fewer skin tension injuries than taping perpendicular to the incision.
What is 3M Nexcare Transpore Tape?
It is a medical tape that is designed to be transparent, breathable, and gentle on the skin. It is commonly used to secure medical devices and dressings to the skin.
What is the tape made of?
The tape is made of a clear, porous polyethylene film that is coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive.
How do I use the tape?
To use the tape, first clean and dry the area where the tape will be applied. Then, cut the tape to the desired length and apply it firmly to the skin. Make sure the tape is secure but not too tight.
Is the tape waterproof?
The tape is water-resistant, but it is not completely waterproof. It may become less adhesive if it gets wet or is exposed to moisture for an extended period of time.
Can this be used on sensitive skin?
Yes, it is hypoallergenic and gentle on the skin, so it can be used on sensitive skin.
Can the tape be used on children?
Yes, the tape is safe to use on children. However, it is important to supervise children when using any medical product.
Can this be easily removed?
Yes, the tape is designed to be easily removed without causing discomfort or skin damage. To remove the tape, gently lift one corner and pull it off slowly in the direction of hair growth.