3M Coban Self Adhesive Bandage Wrap Features
- Contains a cohesive material that makes it stick to itself but not to other materials or skin
- Provides excellent cohesion - sticks to itself
- Does not stick to skin, hair, clothing or surgical drapes
- 3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap stays in place and eliminates the need for frequent re-adjustments
- Used to secure and protect primary dressings and other devices, immobilize injuries and provide compression
- Leaves no residue on the skin
- Lightweight, breathable and moisture resistant
- Maintains even compression over time
- 3M Coban Dressing does not slip
- Conformable - fits body contour
- Easy to apply and remove
- Coban adhesive wrap can be re-positioned
Proven Effectiveness In The Operating Room:
- Total knee Post-Operative Dressing: Highly elastic, Coban adhesive bandages are excellent for compression applications and for holding post-operative dressings in place
- Shoulder Arthroscopy Wrap: Strong like tape only, easier to remove, 3M Coban Tapes are ideal for securing the arm of the patient to a traction device
- Vascular Post-Operative Wraps: 3M Coban Self Adhesive Bandage allow surgeons to control the amount of compression and they do not require fasteners like other elastic wraps
- Plastic Surgery Wraps: Sustained, consistent compression helps control swelling - even over hair
- Liposuction Post-Operative Wraps: 3M Coban wraps provide compression and are easy to adjust, making them ideal for the initial, doctor-supervised compression between surgery and girdle application
When to use Coban Self-Adherent Wrap?
3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap is intended for use as an elastic wrap to provide compression or support, or to secure dressings or devices.
- Closed Intact Surgical Wound
- Open Surgical Wounds
- Venous Leg Ulcer
- Skin Tear
Benefits of Coban Self-Adherent Wrap
- Secure dressings
- Ideal for patients with fragile skin or where adhesives are not desired
- In difficult-to-dress areas such as head, fingers or toes
- After blood draws Secure IVs and other devices
- IV and catheter stabilization
- Sterile drape stabilization in the OR
- Secure tubing, or devices such as 3M Cold/Hot packs
- Reduce post-operative swelling, such as
- Plastic surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery, liposuction and other cosmetic procedures
- Reduce edema as an overwrap for a zinc paste bandage for those patients who have venous insufficiency
- Longer length style for tall and larger patients and patients with lower extremity edema
- Support sprains and strains
- Overwrap for splints, bivalve and univalve casts
- Support post-cast removal
- Positioning limbs in the OR
3M Coban Dressing - Safety Data Sheet
What to buy with 3M Coban Compression Wrap
How to use Coban Wrap?
- Unwind 12 or more inches of 3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap from the roll and allow the wrap to relax. It is important to unwind a sufficient length before beginning to wrap.
- Without stretching, apply one full wrap and overlap. Press overlapped area lightly to keep the end in place.
- Continue wrapping, applying tension to the wrap only to obtain desired compression.
- Cut off excess wrap and press the ends to secure the 3M Coban Wrap in place.
Precautions to take while using Self-Adherent Wrap
- When used as a component in a compression wrap system, it is important to ensure adequate arterial blood flow to avoid injury secondary to decreased circulation. 3M Self Adherent Wrap should be used as a component of a compression wrap system only under the supervision of a wound care specialist.
- Do Not Reuse. Reuse may result in compromising product integrity and/or lead to device failure.
- Coban adhesive wrap contains natural rubber latex which may cause allergic reactions.
- 3M Coban Tape will not slip or loosen after application. Do not wrap too tightly to avoid impairing circulation and causing serious injury. The risk of impaired circulation is higher for children.
- Monitor area frequently (no less than every 24 hours) for signs of swelling, discoloration, pain, numbness, tingling, or other changes in sensation. If these symptoms occur, remove wrap immediately and contact your healthcare provider.
- Do not place 3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap in direct contact with an open wound because it may lead to infection.
Storage And Shelf Life
- This product should be stored at room temperature.
- Avoid excessive heat and humidity.
- For best performance, store 3M Coban Wrap in its individual package until use.
- For shelf life, refer to the date printed on each package.
3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap - FAQ