Medipore Dress-It Pre-Cut Dressing Covers Features
- Made of a soft, highly conformable, non-woven polyester
- Gentle, breathable, permeable and stretchable to maintain skin integrity
- Useful for securing wound dressings, and repeated applications where preservation of "at-risk" skin is critical
- Easy to handle, with or without gloves, without curling edges, or sticking to itself
- Soft and porous dressing retainer with lengthwise and diagonal stretch
- It offers excellent adhesion yet is gentle to reduce risk of skin irritation
- It is easy to apply and remove
- Not made with natural rubber latex
3M Medipore Dress-It Brochure
When to use 3M Medipore Dress-It Dressing Covers?
- Securing dressings
- When repeated taping is needed
- Anchoring post-surgical dressings
- Used as retentive sheeting over gauze
- Securing over areas where skin may stretch (e.g., edema, distention, hematoma formation or movement)
What to buy with 3M Medipore Dressing Covers
How To Use Medipore Dress-It Pre-cut Dressing Covers?
1. Hold the tabbed end as you peel one dressing cover from the pad.
2. Lay the dressing cover over the gauze or area you are covering.
3. Remove the paper tab and secure dressing tape by rubbing or pressing into place.
3M Medipore Dressing Covers Instruction Manual
3M Medipore Pre-Cut FAQs
Q. Are Medipore dressing covers hypoallergenic & natural rubber latex free?
A: Yes. They are hypoallergenic and latex-free.
Q. Where can I find the expiration date?
A: The expiration date is embossed on the end of the tape box following the hourglass symbol. At this time, the lot number and expiration date cannot be printed inside the rolls because of limitations in space and printers.
Q. Are Medipore dressing covers sterile? Can they be sterilized?
A: They are sold clean, not sterile. They may be sterilized by ethylene oxide but NOT by steam (autoclave). Although 3M provides guidelines, it is up to the facility to ensure sterility. At this time, Sterrad™ processing with hydrogen peroxide is not recommended for Medipore products.
3M Medipore Dress-It FAQs
3M Medipore Dress-It Reviews