Features of 3M Silicone Tape
- Gentle on the skin: The tape is made of a soft and conformable silicone material that is designed to be gentle on the skin and reduce the risk of irritation or discomfort
- Easy to remove: The tape is designed to be easy to remove without causing pain or damage to the skin
- Water-resistant: The tape is water-resistant, allowing it to stay securely in place even when exposed to moisture
- Long-lasting adhesive: The tape can be worn for up to seven days without losing its adhesive properties, making it ideal for extended use
- Transparent: The tape is transparent, allowing for easy monitoring of the wound or skin condition beneath
- Easy to apply: The tape can be easily torn by hand, making it simple to apply and adjust to the desired size and shape
- Versatile: The tape can be used for a wide range of medical applications, including securing dressings, medical devices, and supporting healing wounds
When to use these tape?
- Ideal for patients with sensitive, compromised, or at-risk skin
- When repeated taping is necessary
- When skin integrity and minimizing pain are primary concerns
Dressing and Device Securement Condition Type:
- Adhesive trauma
- Lightweight tube and device securement
- Skin injuries, maceration, surgical wound
- Allergic and irritant contact dermatitis
IV Related Condition Type:
- CVC Dialysis
- CVC PICC
Skin Care Condition Type:
- Radiation dermatitis
- Trauma from tapes and dressings
- Tracheostomy site trauma
- Peri-tube skin irritation
Wound Care Condition Type:
Frequently Bought Together
How to use 3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape?
Removal of medical tape does not require any special work-around techniques or extra steps. Standard medical tape application and removal technique are recommended to ensure the best results.
- Basic application: Apply the Kind Removal Tape to clean, dry skin without tension. Gently but firmly stroke the surface to maximize adhesion.
- Basic removal: Pull the silicone surgical tape low and slow back over itself from the skin. It should be pulled in the direction of hair-growth, supporting the skin as the tape is removed.
Tips for Getting Good Adhesion and Stable Fixation:
- Minimize moist conditions as much as possible because most adhesives stick best to clean, dry surfaces
- Remove emollients or oil containing substances like lotions
- If the skin is very oily, use a mild soap and water to remove the excess oil and pat dry. An alcohol wipe may also be used, but since it is very drying, it should be used with care.
- If you are using a prep solution, let it dry completely before applying the tape
- Avoid touching the sticky surface of the tape
- Apply enough pressure to the tape so that the adhesive gets into the contour of skin
- Cover adequate surface area so that the skin tape can support the tubing or dressing
- Get full contact between tape and skin so that moisture cannot get between them and loosen the tape
- You can remove hair from the skin to achieve more adhesive contact
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can 3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape be used by people who are allergic to medical tapes?
3M Silicone Tape is hypoallergenic. It has a silicone-based adhesive technology that is chemically inert and chemically different from traditional adhesive products. As a result, allergies are extremely rare. In fact, silicone has been used in cosmetic and other skin and hair products for many years and shows little propensity for causing allergic reactions.
2. Can Kind Removal Silicone Tape be used with skin preps or barrier films?
Protective barrier films and other skin preps are not needed to prevent skin damage or pain upon removal of silicone tape. However, if desired, protective barrier films may be used to protect skin against moisture or for other purposes. Ensure the protective barrier film is completely dry before applying the tape. There is no degradation in performance or other negative consequences to using these skin prep products with this tape. 3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film and 3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape may be used together.
3. Is 3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape safe for use on infants and children?
Yes, clinical testing demonstrates that 3M Silicone Tape is safe for use on infants and children.
4. How should 3M Kind Removal Medical Tape be stored?
3M recommends that 3M medical tapes be stored under normal conditions within the temperature range of 59–86o F (15–30o C). 3M Kind Removal Silicone Tape has a recommended shelf life of two (2) years under these conditions.
5. Is 3M Silicone Surgical Tape breathable?
Yes, Moisture can pass through the 3M Silicone Tape and it is a water resistant tape; it is not occlusive.
6. Does 3M Silicone Medical Tape stretch?
No, Kind Removal Silicone Tape does not stretch.