Features of Carex Bed Buddy Wrap
- More natural healing with 100% natural grains, herbs, and flowers
- In contrast, cold therapy helps decrease blood flow to let the affected area's pain level die down
- Stays flexible, even when frozen, to conform to your target area
- Its natural healing allows for a safe and effective form of pain management without the risk of addiction to opioids
- Moist heat for swelling from acute injuries can help aid in healing
- Ideal for continuous use
- Easy to use, place in the freezer or microwave
Bed Buddy Hot and Cold Pack User Manual
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Bed Buddy Body Wrap?
For Cold Therapy:
- Put the Carex Bed Buddy therapy wrap inside a sealed plastic bag.
- Place the plastic bag inside the freezer and leave it to chill for at least 8 hours.
- Test the wrap's temperature on your wrist before use. If it is too cold, wait until it is at a comfortable temperature.
- Apply the product to the affected area for no more than fifteen to twenty minutes. If you would like to reapply the wrap, put it back in the freezer and wait an hour. If you experience any discomfort, discontinue using the product.
- Refreeze the item for future cold therapy use or keep it at room temperature for future heat therapy.
For Hot Therapy:
- ALWAYS place 1/4 cup of water in a microwavable dish in the microwave while heating the wrap.
- ALWAYS heat on a clean empty microwave-safe dish.
- Fold the wrap in half and center it in the microwave. If the microwave does not have a turntable, rotate the pack 90 degrees halfway through the heating time.
- To ensure an even temperature, turning the product over halfway through heating is recommended. DO NOT leave the wrap unattended while heating.
- Microwave wrap at standard power per the table below. ALWAYS let the wrap sit in the microwave for 1 minute after heating.
- As the product cools during use, the device may be reheated for 15 seconds to maintain a therapeutic temperature range.
- The product should not be reheated more than once every 10 minutes of use (15 seconds based on a 900 W microwave).
- Apply for a maximum of 15-20 minutes or as directed by your doctor. Repeat every 2 hours or as directed by a healthcare provider. Allow the product to return to room temperature before reheating.
- Store wrap at room temperature for future hot use.
How to use both Hot and Cold Therapy?
Hot and cold therapy can be accomplished by carefully alternating temperatures. To put it very simply:
- Apply the cold for 1 minute.
- Then switch to 3 minutes of heat.
- Again, use 1 minute of cold.
- Switch back to heat for 3 minutes.
- Apply your cold item for 1 minute
- Heat the area for 3 minutes
- Then wrap up the session with a cold application for one minute.
This process should be repeated at most twice per day, dependent upon your injury and level of pain.
How to make Bed Buddy Back Wrap a cold pack?
To make the Bed Buddy Hot & Cold Wrap cold, simply put it in freezer or refrigerator until it is at the desired temperature.
Can you sleep with it?
Yes you can sleep with Bed Buddy Body Wrap.
How to clean Bed Buddy Hot & Cold Wrap?
The best way to clean your Bed Buddy is by running a damp cloth over it. We highly caution against submerging it in water as it will damage the materials inside.