Features of Jettmobile Scooter
Despite of being differently abled, special children continue to explore their environment. While this may be difficult or nearly impossible for some, the Jettmobile scooter aids their movemnt by maintaining the child in a symmetrical prone position while pushing and pulling with upper extremities.
- Chest Wedge - This small wedge raises the child's chest an addition 2 1/2" if arm extension adjustment is needed. The chest wedge is held in position with velcro fasteners.
- Side Spacer - Side spacers are shaped life half moons, 1" in thickness and are held in position with velcro fasteners. They are useful with smaller children to reduce the width from 10" to 9" or 8" in the chest area. It is used in the back of Jettmobile scooter, the side spacers can reduce abduction by 1" or 2".
- Abductor Wedge - Abductor block is attached with velcro fasteners and is adjustable. Abduction angle can be altered by moving it front to back, and severe postural asymmetry can be accommodated by adjusting left to right.
- Hip Strap - A hip strap is provided with each Jettmobile scooter for secure positioning. Particularly helpful in reducing abnormal hip flexion, it allows for adjustment fore and aft.
What does Tumble Forms Jettmobile Include?Models with Accessories
Model without Accessories
- Removable positioning shapes
- Abductor wedge
- Hip positioning strap
- Hip positioning strap only
What to buy with Jettmobile Scooter
How to use Jettmobile Scooter by Tumble Forms
Head and Trunk Control
- Control the head and trunk by symmetrically positioning the prone child snugly on the Jettmobile scooter, realizing that head and trunk extension are prerequisite to upper extremity function.
- Head and trunk extension can be emphasized by pulling a child along who is grasping the pull rope while prone.
- Since the prone position is easily attained on the Jettmobile scooter, it is a welcome activity for spina bifida children.
Jettmobile scooter is designed to facilitate the development of upper extremities, encouraging bilateral motor coordination and improve strength and endurance of the arms and hands.Sensorimator
A stimulating activity is to spin the Jettmobile scooter around in a circle asking the child to use hard-over-hand movements, changing direction from clockwise to counter-clockwise.Hip Extension
While lying prone in a snug, symmetrical, abducted and externally rotated leg position, gradually tighten the Velcro belt to reduce hip flexion. The slight incline on both front and rear decks will encourage hip extension as you position the child hips in the middle of the Jettmobile scooter.
Upto 40" (102cm)
Upto 60" (152cm)