What to buy with Mastectomy Breast Forms
How to care for Trulife Mastectomy Breast Forms?
A little care and attention will ensure long-lasting comfort and satisfaction.
- To clean a silicone breast form, hand wash gently in lukewarm water with a mild soap such as TruKleen. Dry with a soft towel, do not wring or rub. Avoid using powders, perfumes, or hot water directly on the breast form. Care should be taken to avoid sharp objects that may damage the breast form.
Routine Cleaning of the Impressions, Sublime, and ReCover Products
Wash the prosthesis as often as required by following the steps below:
- Apply a pea-sized amount of antimicrobial soap to a wet cloth and use this to wash the breast form, front and back. Wipe with a dry cloth.
- Alternatively, use an antimicrobial wipe.
- As often as needed, bathe the breast form by submerging it in warm water and soap.
- The honeycomb core of your 100% silicone product will retain water. To extract this water, place the back of the breast form on an absorbent towel and press firmly downwards. Repeat until most of the water is extracted, then leave to dry overnight, with the aerated back facing up.
- To further enhance the silky soft feel, you may wish to apply talc evenly over the front of the breast form.
It is important to wear the correct size bra that fits properly and does not force the breast to form into a different shape. This may cause the breast form to crease or permanently damage the breast form.
Most Trulife breast forms are supplied with a soft breast form cover. It is important to handle the breast form gently when inserting and removing it from the cover or pocket of the bra. Repeated squeezing or pulling may cause damage over time. When not wearing the breast form, store it in the original packaging and cradle provided, away from heat. This will allow the breast form to maintain its shape and prevent accidental harm.
Trulife Buying Guides
611 Tri-Leisure by Trulife Reviews