Features of Thera Dimethicone Skin Protectant Cream
- Helps build skin integrity with a proprietary vitamin blend including, but not limited to vitamins B, C, and E
- Designed with amino acid blend with compounds less than 500 Daltons in size to effectively penetrate through all layers of the skin
- Treats and prevents diaper rash
- Helps protect the skin against damage related to dehydration
- Formulated with Dimethicone (5%) to help normalize the skin and effectively prevent transepidermal water loss by forming a hydrating barrier
- Excellent for long-term use as a moisturizer on sensitive skin
- Nourishes, moisturizes and provides mild skin protection against irritation from dry, chapped or wet, cracked (but not broken) skin
What are the ingredients of Dimethicone Skin Cream?
- Active Ingredients: Dimethicone 5.0 percent
- Inactive Ingredients:
- Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice
- SAFFLEX (Consisting of: Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6)
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C)
- Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Butylene Glycol
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil
- Cetyl Alcohol
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Disodium EDTA
- Glyceryl Stearate
- Lavender Ylang Fragrance
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
- Purified Water
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- Stearic Acid
- Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Thera Body Shield Skin Protectant Cream?
- Clean and dry the affected area before applying the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area.
- Rub the cream gently into the skin until it is fully absorbed.
- Reapply the cream as often as needed, especially after activities that cause sweating or exposure to water.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is dimethicone?
Dimethicone is a type of silicone that is commonly used in skincare products. It acts as a barrier on the skin to prevent moisture loss and protect against external irritants.
2. What skin conditions can Thera Dimethicone Body Shield be used for?
Thera Dimethicone Body Shield can be used for a variety of skin conditions, including diaper rash, chafing, bed sores, and skin irritation caused by medical treatments such as radiation therapy.
3. Is Thera Dimethicone Body Shield safe for all ages?
Yes, Thera Dimethicone Body Shield is safe for all ages, including infants and the elderly.
4. Are there any side effects of using Thera Dimethicone Body Shield?
Thera Dimethicone Body Shield is generally well-tolerated and does not have any known serious side effects. However, some people may experience mild skin irritation or allergic reactions.
5. Can Thera Dimethicone Body Shield be used with other skincare products?
Thera Dimethicone Body Shield can be used with other skincare products, but it is recommended to apply it as the last step in your skincare routine to ensure it forms a protective barrier on the skin.
6. Can Thera Dimethicone Body Shield be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
There is no evidence to suggest that Thera Dimethicone Body Shield is unsafe during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before use.