Mckesson Thera Antifungal Body Powder Features
- Body powder helps with superficial skin infections
- Antifungal Powder helps reduce itching, redness, burning, irritation, and chafing from fungal skin irritations
- The antifungal powder is talc-free, flows freely, and stays in place for extended periods
- Helps protect against excess moisture in folds and intertriginous areas
- Ideal for bariatric patient use
- Moisturizes the skin and serves as a supplement when incontinence or wound drainage is an issue
- Non-allergenic and non-sensitizing
- Recommended for skin folds, feet, socks, and shoes
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
When to use Antifungal Powder?
Thera Antifungal Powder is used to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections of the skin, including:
- For treatment of most athlete's foot (tinea pedis), jock itch (tinea cruris), and ringworm (tinea corporis)
- Relieves itching, scaling, cracking, burning, redness, soreness, irritation, discomfort, and chafing associated with jock itch
- For treatment of superficial skin infections caused by yeast (Candida albicans)
What to buy with Thera 53-AFP3 Body Powder
How to apply?
- Clean the affected area and dry it thoroughly
- Sprinkle a thin layer of product over the affected area twice daily (morning and night) or as directed by a physician
- Supervise children in the use of this product Athlete's foot
- Pay special attention to the spaces between toes
- Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes and change shoes and socks at least once daily Athlete's foot and ringworm
- Use daily for 4 weeks Jock itch
- Use daily for 2 weeks. If the condition persists longer, consult a doctor.
- This product is not effective on the scalp or nails.
- For external use only.
- When using this product, do not get into your eyes
- Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation occurs or if there is no improvement within 4 weeks for athlete's foot or ringworm or within 2 weeks for jock itch
- Do not use on children under 2 years of age unless directed by a doctor
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center immediately.
Thera Powder Ingredients
- Active ingredient: Miconazole Nitrate 2%
- Inactive ingredients: Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Bisabolol, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Cellulose, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Maltodextrin, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract
FAQs About Antifungal Body Powder
1. Is antifungal powder effective?
There are numerous treatment options available to treat fungal skin infections. Antifungal dusting powders are one of the most popular and effective treatment options.
2. What are the uses of Thera antifungal powder for the skin?
It is used to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections of the skin and to relieve the symptoms associated with ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot.
3. How often should you apply antifungal products to your skin?
Apply the antifungal body powder once or twice a day on the infected skin and surrounding area. For athlete's foot, you need to use it twice a day regularly. Carry on using it for 3 days after your symptoms have cleared up to stop the infection from coming back.
4. How many days will it take to cure fungal skin infections?
It usually takes a few days to a few weeks to clear up. You can use a fungal cream along with this antifungal powder for the best results.