Why choose Opsite Transparent Adhesive Film Dressing?
Opsite has set the standard in moist wound care by retaining the natural wound exudate. Opsite Dressing provides moisture vapor permeability allowing excess exudate to evaporate, helping prevent skin maceration.
- Superior film with acrylic adhesive - The Opsite film is highly extensible and conformable. Combined with its moisture vapor permeability, the dressing can be left in place for up to 7 days. This minimizes interference at the wound site and reduces the nursing time required.
- Waterproof - Opsite is resistant to water and body fluids, allowing the patient to bathe without changing dressings. It also aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination.
- Adaptable to Awkward Areas - Opsite wound dressing has been designed to be adaptable for use on all areas of the body. It can be easily cut into strips or shapes for awkward areas such as heels, elbows, and knees.
When to use Opsite Transparent Adhesive Waterproof Film?
Opsite is indicated for the management of:
Precautions while using Smith & Nephew Opsite Transparent Dressing
Opsite may be used on clinically infected wounds if the following precautions are followed:
- The patient should be under medical/clinical supervision.
- The dressing should be changed daily.
- The patient should be receiving suitable systemic treatment.
Immuno-compromised patients and diabetic patients may require extra supervision. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage by repeated applications on patients with thin or fragile skin. In common with all adhesive products, some cases of irritation and/or maceration of the skin surrounding the wound have been reported. It should be noted that inappropriate use or too frequent dressing changes, particularly in patients with fragile skin, can result in skin stripping.
What to buy with OpSite Transparent Adhesive Dressing
How do Transparent Film Dressings Work?
- Transparent film dressings are ideal when there is little or no wound exudate.
- They assist in autolytic debridement and are effective on wounds with necrotic tissues.
- They can also be used as secondary dressings.
- Since they are transparent, it becomes easy to monitor the wound for exudate and healing.
- These dressings are breathable, allowing moisture vapor and oxygen exchange.
- Transparent dressings help maintain a moist environment on the wound and its surrounding area thereby assisting in its quick recovery.
- They are sterile on the side next to the skin and their waterproof quality allows for use in the shower or bath.
- Since they are waterproof dressings, transparent film dressings also protect the wound from bacterial infections and other contaminants.
- They allow carbon dioxide and excess moisture water vapor to escape the wound.
Opsite Film Dressing Reviews