Smith and Nephew Allevyn AG Silver Dressing Features
- Reduces risk of excess fluid at the wound site, excess wound fluid is transpired away more quickly.
- Promotes rapid wound closure, reduced risk of maceration, less potential for leakage and odor, longer wear-time.
- Reduces bacterial load (in-vitro).
- Removes some barriers to healing allowing the host to regain control and progress the wound to closure.
- Product is easy to apply, can be removed in one piece, and is designed in sizes & shapes appropriate for target wound types.
- Allevyn silver dressing has profiled edges
- Adhesive products offer an all-in-one solution - no need for secondary retention.
- Provides a convenient, efficient, cost effective solution for wound management.
- Top film switches to become more breathable in the presence of fluid, therefore it responds, when the clinician needs it most.
- Provides an effective barrier to bacteria penetration.
- Conformable and comfortable.
- Provides absorption capacity for up to 7 days. (ALLEVYN Ag Sacrum up to 5 days)
- Prevents healing tissue from growing into the dressing minimizing pain on removal.
- Maintains a moist wound interface.
- Low allergy adhesive.
- Protects from leakage
When to Use Non Adhesive Silver Dressing?
Indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial to full thickness wounds. Some typical wounds are:
- Ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
- Pressure Sores
- Donor Sites
- Surgical Incisions
- Surgical Excisions
- Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
What to buy with Allevyn AG Non Adhesive Dressing
How to use Allevyn AG Silver Barrier Dressing?
- Choose a dressing to leave at least 1/2" margin around the wound. Peel open the paper pouch.
- Apply with white non-adherent wound contact layer to the wound.
- Tape or bandage in place.
How often should you change allevyn dressing?
The frequency of Allevyn change Depends on the nature of the wound and the amount of exudate produced.
It can be left in place for up to four or five days on a clean non-infected wound, but on infected or very heavily exuding wounds more frequent modifications
would be needed.
Precautions while Using Allevyn Dressing
- For external use only.
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oxidizing agents (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds.
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive may be used on infected wounds being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive may not be compatible with topical anti-microbials Reddening of the skin around the wound may be observed.
- This may be related to irritation of fragile skin or wound exudates remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods of time.
- If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- When Allevyn Ag Non Adhesive is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- Allevyn Ag Non-Adhesive is not suitable for use on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
- As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing.
- Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment
- Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
- Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered.
- This can especially apply to oral hypoglycaemic agents and to phenytoin.
- In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.