Shower Shield Moisture Barrier Features
- Waterproof Material: Made from a thin, transparent, and flexible polyurethane film that is completely waterproof. This ensures that no water or moisture will enter the wound or surgical site while showering.
- Easy to Apply: It is very easy to cover dressing. It comes with an adhesive backing that easily sticks to the skin around the wound or surgical site. The adhesive is gentle and does not cause any irritation or discomfort.
- Customizable: Available in different sizes to fit various wound or surgical site sizes. It can also be cut to fit a specific area if necessary.
- Disposable: It is disposable, which means that it can be easily removed and disposed of after use. This makes it very convenient and hygienic.
- Breathable: Despite being completely waterproof, the Shower Shield Moisture Barrier is also breathable. This allows air to circulate around the wound or surgical site, promoting healing and preventing any buildup of moisture or bacteria.
- Latex-free: This means that it is suitable for people who are allergic to latex.
Note: It should not come in direct contact with a wound. Always have a dressing over the wound when using a Shower Shield
When to use this Waterproof Wound Cover For Shower?
- A shower Shield is a solution for
- Small dressings
- Intravenous lines
- Central lines/catheters
- Clinics and Hospitals use shower covers to
- Ease patient burden & improve patient satisfaction
- Reduce waterborne infections
- Restore patient independence
- Mitigate external expenses
- Expedite the water shielding process
- Improve clinical efficiency
- Shower Shield common applications
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Auto-Immune Disease
- Diabetic Care
- Acute Wound Care
Frequently Bought Together
How to apply Shower Sheild For Wounds?
- Clean and dry the area surrounding the wound thoroughly.
- Make sure the area to be covered has appropriate dressing. Shower Shield should not be allowed to come in direct contact with the wound.
- Clip any excess hair at the site. Shaving is not recommended. Always follow your physician's advice.
- Open the poly bag and select the appropriate size for the application. Choose a shower shield wound cover that is large enough to adhere to SKIN ONLY (not to wound, device, or primary dressing).
- Peel the wax paper frame from the water barrier, exposing the adhesive surface.
- Position a water barrier over the site. Gently remove the wax paper frame, smoothing the dressing down as you pull the frame away, pressing edges down firmly to adhere to the skin.
- Firmly smooth water barrier from the center toward the edges.
- Repeat pressure on all sides of the adhesive as a final securing step.
How to remove it?
- Gently grasp the edge and slowly peel the water barrier from the skin in the direction of hair growth or grasp one edge of the water barrier and gently pull it straight out to stretch and release adhesion, being careful not to disturb the primary dressing or device.
- Discard after use. Shower Shield water barriers are single-use only.
- For external use only.
- Non-sterile: Do not use it if the package is open or damaged.
- Shower Shield is not designed to come in direct contact with the wound itself. Make sure the area to be covered is covered with the appropriate sterile dressing before applying Shower Shield.
- Do not place over nose and/or mouth.
- Do not use over the eyes.
- Do not allow children to handle Shower cover without adult supervision. It could present a choking or suffocation hazard if misused. An adult should always supervise a child who has a Shower Shield on his or her body.
- Single-use only. Store shower shield wound cover at room temperature.
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem or if the condition persists or gets worse.
- When properly applied, the Shower Shield is impermeable to liquids from brief contact. Shower Shield is not designed for submersion.
- Every medical condition is different, please contact your healthcare provider prior to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Shower Shield Moisture Barrier - Shower Cover?
It is designed to protect wounds or surgical sites while showering.
How does it work?
Shower Shields for wounds is a thin, transparent, and flexible polyurethane film that is waterproof. It is applied over the wound or surgical site and adheres to the skin. This creates a barrier that prevents water or moisture from entering the wound while showering.
Is it easy to apply?
Yes, the shower cover is very easy to apply. It comes with an adhesive backing that easily sticks to the skin around the wound or surgical site. The adhesive is gentle and does not cause any irritation or discomfort.
Can it be customized to fit different wound sizes?
Yes, the shower shield bandages are available in different sizes to fit various wound or surgical site sizes. It can also be cut to fit a specific area if necessary.
Is it breathable?
Yes, the shower shield water barrier is breathable. This allows air to circulate around the wound or surgical site, promoting healing and preventing any buildup of moisture or bacteria.
Is it latex-free?
Yes, the shower shield wound dressing is latex-free, which means that it is suitable for people who are allergic to latex.
Is it disposable?
Yes, the Shower Barrier is disposable, which means that it can be easily removed and disposed of after use.
Can it be used for swimming?
The Shower Shield is designed for use in the shower and is not recommended for use in swimming or other water activities.
Is it safe for use on children?
Yes, a waterproof wound cover for the shower is safe for use on children. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using any products on a child's wound or surgical site.
Shower Shield Dressing Protector Reviews