Rusch Belly Drainage Bag Features
- Extremely discreet and comfortable urinary drainage bag that is worn around the waist
- Rusch Belly Bag is designed for either males or females who have an indwelling Foley or suprapubic catheter
- Helps prevent inadvertent catheter extraction
- Ideal for users who prefer to be out and about and who live an active life
- An anti-reflux valve behind the catheter port prevents reflux urine flow
- Fastens around the waist with a woven belt and a quick-release buckle
- Clear graduation in ml supports self-management
- Not manufactured from materials containing natural rubber latex
What to buy with a Belly Bag
How to clean a Rusch Urinary Bag?
- Wash your hands well with soap and water.
- Disconnect the bag from the catheter tubing. Connect the tubing to the backup bag or drainage device.
- Drain any remaining urine from the bag you just disconnected. Close the drainage valve.
- Pour some warm (not hot) soapy water into the bag. Swish the soap around, being sure to get the corners of the bag.
- Open the drainage valve to drain the soap. Close the valve.
- Use a certain solution to clean the bag if your healthcare provider advises one. Solutions that may be advised include:
- 2 parts vinegar and 3 parts water.
- 1 tablespoon of chlorine bleach mixed with a 1/2 cup of water
- Ask your healthcare provider how often you should clean your bag. Ask what solution you should use to reduce odor and keep your bag free of germs.
- Shake the solution a bit and let it remain in the bag for 30 minutes.
- Drain the solution and rinse the bag with cold tap water.
- Hang the bag to drain and air-dry.
FAQs About Rusch Belly Bag
1. How does a belly bag work?
Suprapubic catheter bags are designed as belly bags fastened around the waist, generally by a belt. The bag will contain the urine until it is emptied – a tap at the bottom of the bag lets out the urine.
2. When should you empty a belly bag?
Rusch belly drainage bag can be worn for twenty-four hours a day, and after that, you can empty and clean the drainage bag using the cleaning instructions provided.
3. Is Rusch Belly Catheter Bag latex-free?
Yes, Rusch urine beg is latex-free.