Features of Bard Spirit External Male Catheter
- Designed for the management of male urinary incontinence
- Made of 100% silicone
- All-silicone construction provides excellent breathability
- Maximum adhesive area on a short sheath
- Spirit Style 2 Catheter offers the user a secure fit and exceptional comfort
- Self-adhering eliminates need for tape or straps
- Kink resistant design helps ensure continuous urine flow
- Clear sheath allows visual inspection of the skin
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Sheath length: 1.5"
- Adhesive width: 1.75"
- Rochester Spirit Style 2 Catheter takes advantage of the excellent moisture-wicking properties of hydrocolloid which transports moisture to the breathable surface of the silicone sheath where it can evaporate
- By preventing moisture buildup, the hydrocolloid adhesive sheath helps protect skin integrity
- Hydrocolloid adhesive silicone sheath has the greatest degree of permeation
What to Buy with Spirit Male External Catheter?
How to Use Rochester Spirit Style 2 Catheter?
Step 1: Sizing
- Select the proper size.
- For comfort and effectiveness, choose the size closest to your penis width.
Step 2: Gather Your Supplies:
- User will need a Male External Catheter, a collection bag with connecting tube, non-pointed manicure scissors, soap (do not use soaps that leave a cream or greasy residue on the skin), washcloth and towel.
Step 3: Trim Pubic Hair:
- Always wash your hands before beginning.
- Trim hairs on the shaft and base of your penis, and any other pubic hair that might interfere with the adhesive on the catheter.
Step 4: Cleanse Your Penis:
- In order for the Spirit Style 2 catheter adhesive to perform properly, the skin must be clean and very dry.
- Wash your penis with mild soap (does not contain artificial fragrance) and warm water.
- Be sure to allow the area to dry completely before proceeding.
Step 5: Application and Positioning:
- Place the rolled self-adhering catheter over the penile tip.
- Slowly and carefully unroll the catheter, leaving just enough space in the funnel end so the tip of your penis does not rub against the inside of the funnel.
- If uncircumcised, be sure to leave the foreskin in place over the head of the penis.
Step 6: Squeeze to Set:
- Smooth out any wrinkles in the catheter.
- Gently squeeze the catheter to properly seal it to the skin.
- Wear time may be significantly reduced if the adhesive is not properly sealed.
- Note: Too many wrinkles in the catheter may indicate that an inappropriate size has been selected. A smaller catheter may be more effective.
Step 7: Connect to Drainage Device:
- Strap the drainage bag to your thigh or calf, depending on your activities and your clothing.
- Connect one end of the tubing to the catheter and cut the tubing to a comfortable length.
- Connect the cut end to the leg bag.
- Always empty your leg bag before it becomes uncomfortably full and pulls on the catheter.
Step 8: Wear Time:
- Wear time will vary from user to user.
- For proper hygiene, it is recommended that a male external catheter be changed every 24 hours.
Step 9: Remove the Connections:
- Clamp the connecting tube closed before removing the leg bag.
- Release the bag straps and disconnect the tubing at the top of the bag.
Step 10: Remove the Catheter:
- Gently roll the external catheter forward and off the penis.
- To help loosen the adhesive prior to removal, apply a warm wet compress (such as a wet washcloth) around the catheter.
- Do not use if allergic reaction occurs.
- For good hygiene, change catheter daily.
- Use of a single device for longer periods than 24 hours may increase the risk of complications.
- Do not use on irritated or compromised skin.
Spirit Style 2 Male Catheter Sheath Fitting Instructions
Spirit Style 2 Catheter Specifications
Sheath Male Catheter Reviews