Why to buy Respironics CPAP Nose Mask?
- Frame choice - Fabric or Clear Silicone
- Multiple size cushions included
- Minimal contact design
- Clear line of sight
- Easy to fit and seal
- Lightweight, flexible short tube
- Hose position options
- Headgear uses convenient magnetic clips
Respironics Nasal CPAP Mask Features
- The unique frame of the Wisp is offered in two formats - Clear Silicone or Fabric. The molded silicone is lightweight and flexible with smooth surfaces. For a different feel, select the fabric covered frame. Extending yet another choice, each side of the fabric frame has different material for different feels. The modular frames are interchangeable and reversible.
Cushion - Minimal Contact & Multiple Sizes
- The Wisp cushion is small and lightweight with a minimum of silicone touching the face. Three sizes of cushions are included with the Wisp, sizes Petite; Small / Medium and Large. The mask comes packaged with the size Small/Medium cushion in place and can easily be changed with the Large or XL cushion.
Minimal Design - Clear View
- The headgear and frame design is the source of support and seal for the Wisp omitting the need for a forehead support. Having nothing on the forehead makes for a more comfortable therapy experience. People who enjoy watching TV or reading before going to sleep will appreciate the clear field of view.
Flexible Short Tube
- The lightweight and flexible short tube included with the Wisp connects to the swivel elbow. It serves as the connection between the long hose and the cushion - allowing for movement without losing the seal. The tube can be disconnected from the elbow for cleaning. Offering choice of hose position, the short tube can be secured to the headgear using the crown loop keeping the hose up and out of the way.
Headgear Uses Convenient Magnetic Clips
- When purchasing the Wisp Nasal Mask - Fit Pack, you'll receive convenient magnetic headgear clips that make it easy to put on and take off the mask. The magnetic clips anchor the headgear to the frame, providing stability and comfort and make it easy to remove the mask when needed.
What to buy with CPAP Nasal Mask
Wisp Mask Parts
How to use Wisp CPAP Nasal Masks?
Wisp Nasal Mask: Headgear Sizing
- The Wisp comes packaged with the Original size headgear. The manufacturer suggests it fits people with a neck size of 16 1/2 and less or a hat size 7 and below. People who have a size 17 neck or larger, or wear a hat size 7.25 or larger should consider the size Large headgear.
Fitting the Respironics Nasal Mask
- Fitting may be done sitting upright.
- Detach the elbow and short tube from the mask frame by squeezing the quick release tabs on the elbow.
- Unsnap one side of the headgear by twisting the headgear clip away from the frame.
- To use the Wisp without the clips remove them and thread the headgear through the frame slots.
- Place the cushion lightly on the nose.
- Attach the clip to the frame and adjust as needed to position the mask.
- Wisp headgear is intended to be worn loosely, allowing for two fingers to fit between the strap and head.
- The headgear should lay flat along the back of the head.
- Attach the elbow and short tube to the mask frame and attach the long hose to the short tube.
- Use the headgear crown loop to secure the short tube up, over the head.
- Turn on the machine blowing at the therapy pressure - lay down.
- Turn the head side to side to check the seal.
- If needed, pull the cushion away from the nose and reposition lightly on the nose.
- The manufacturer offers the following information to assist in selecting the correct size cushion for the Wisp. Measure from the outside of the nose from one side to the other. Do not measure only the nares or nasal openings, but the entire width of the nose.
- P = Approx 1 1/8 in
- S/M = Approx 1 1/2 in
- L = Approx 1 7/8 in
- XL = Approx 2 1/4 in
Where to find the size on Wisp CPAP Nasal Masks?
- The mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it offers a universal fit to each size of the Wisp nasal cushions.
- To find the size of the nasal cushion, look at the bottom of the silicone cushion, where the mask frame and nasal cushion connect. A large, black letter will indicate the size of the nasal cushion.
- Clean the CPAP Nose mask cushion, short tube and frame daily using warm water and a mild detergent that does not contain lotions or antibacterial properties.
- Rinse thoroughly with running water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- The headgear should be hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent and allowed to air dry.
- The headgear should not be cleaned in a washing machine.
For more information please checkout: Respironics Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask User Manual
Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask Specifications
||UBL/Urethane Foam/Nylon and Lycra/Nylon thermoplastic
||Thermoplastic polyester elastomer
||16" (including elbow and swivel)