Quidel Strep Test Features
- All components included in the kit
- Fixed volume pipette collects and dispenses correct amount of sample needed for testing
- Room temperature storage
What does Quidel Strep Test Includes?
- (25) Individually Packaged Cassettes
- (25) Reagent Tubes
- (25) Reagent Solution
- (25) Sterile Rayon Throat Swabs
- (25) Fixed Volume Pipettes
- Positive Control Swab
- Negative Control Swab
- Printer Paper
- Package Insert
- Quick Reference Instructions
Benefits of Quidel Sofia Strep Test Kit
- Fast time to results for truly rapid strep testing
- Clean, easy to use and dispose of
- Collects and dispenses correct amount of sample needed for testing
- Eliminates the subjectivity of a visual result
- Ready to use with Sofia or Sofia 2, no need for additional equipment
- No refrigerator space needed. No need to wait for reagents to warm up. Rapid strep tests can be run immediately as needed.
Frequently Bought Together
- The Sofia Strep A+ FIA detects Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs from patients with signs and symptoms of pharyngitis, such as sore throat
- All negative test results should be confirmed by either bacterial culture or an FDA-cleared molecular assay because negative results do not preclude Group A Strep infection and should not be used as the sole basis for treatment
- The test is intended for professional and laboratory use as an aid in the diagnosis of Group A Streptococcal infection
FAQs About Quidel Strep Test Kit
What is Sofia Strep A test?
The Sofia Strep A+ FIA detects Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs from patients with signs and symptoms of pharyngitis, such as sore throat.
What is the most accurate strep test?
Throat culture. This test looks for strep A bacteria. It provides a more accurate diagnosis than a rapid test, but it can take 24–48 hours to get results.
What color does a positive strep test turn?
A blue Test Line and a red Control Line is a positive result. A positive result means that the assay detected Group A Streptococcus antigen in the specimen.
Note: The blue line can be any shade of color and can be lighter or darker than the line in the picture.
Strep Test Kit Specifications
|Time to results
|Kit storage conditions
||Room temperature (15°C to 30°C / 59°F to 86°F)
||Positive and negative
Sofia Strep A Test Kit Warranty
24 months from date of manufacture