Ossur Unloader One Arthritis Knee Brace Features
- 3-Point Leverage System consisting of two Dynamic Force System (DFS) Straps, rigid shells and a single upright hinge contribute to a unicompartmental unloading of the knee joint
- The unloading is effective only when needed, no condyle pressure during sitting or swing phase
- Effective unloading, no condyle pressure during sitting or swing phase
- A slender perforated frame with soft edges, contours easily to individual anatomies and remains discreet whether worn over or under clothing
- Skin friendly liners and pads as well as a smooth inner surface of shells reduce probability of pressure points
- The gastroc strap is positioned over thickest part of calf to help prevent migration
- Tool-free Smart Dosing dials enable the patient to be in control of their pain level by fine-tuning the strap tension
- Color coded touch points and Quick-Fit buckles increase user-friendliness
- Alignment guide on hinge facilitates correct positioning on the leg
Ossur Unloader Brace Parts
A. Alligator clips
B. Upper SmartDosing system
C. Thigh shell
D. Polycentric hinge
E. Calf shell
F. Lower SmartDosing system
G. Calf strap and buckle with upper Dynamic Force System (DFS) strap
H. Popliteal pad
I. Thigh strap and buckle with lower Dynamic Force System (DFS) strap
When to use this knee brace?
The Unloader One X knee brace provides pain relief from osteoarthritis and degenerative meniscal tears through unicompartmental unloading of the knee.
Unloader One X is for people diagnosed with:
- Moderate to severe unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the knee
- Degenerative meniscal tears
- Other knee conditions that may benefit from unicompartmental unloading
How does this work?
The Ossur Unloader One X with Standard Knee Brace works by applying a gentle, targeted force to the affected knee, which helps to shift the load away from the damaged area. This helps to reduce pain and improve mobility, allowing patients to resume their daily activities with less discomfort.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Ossur Unloader X?
- Open upper and lower Quick Fit buckle. Height positioning: Align Ossur logo on the hinge with the upper edge of the knee cap. Side positioning: Front edge of the hinge cap should be at the midline of the leg.
- Ask the user to sit down and extend the leg while positioning the brace. The Quick Fit buckles and corresponding keyholes are color matched. Place the lower buckle button into the calf shell keyhole (blue) and use the palm of the hand to snap the buckle closed. Position calf strap above the widest part of gastroc, fold strap at appropriate length into alligator clip and fasten strap so that it keeps brace securely and correctly positioned on leg.
- Place the upper buckle button into the thigh shell keyhole (yellow) and use the palm of the hand to snap the buckle closed. Adjust the thigh strap to the appropriate length by tensioning around the leg and folding it into an alligator clip.
- With both SmartDosing dials at the lowest setting, adjust the upper DFS strap length until it sits firmly against the leg, and then fold it into an alligator clip. At this point, the user should not experience any tension or unloading. Adjust the lower DFS strap in the same way.
- Ask the user to bend the knee with the foot flat on the floor.
- Turn upper and lower SmartDosing dials clockwise until indicators are in the middle slot.
- Have the user stand up and take a few steps to verify the correct positioning of the brace and tightness of the straps.
- Determine optimal DFS strap tension based on user’s pain relief feedback.
- If the user requires more or less tension with an indicator at mid-setting, adjust the length of the DFS straps accordingly.
- Aim for the final SmartDosing setting at the middle indicator slot since this will give the user the ability to adjust dosing during daily life activities.
- When final fit has been confirmed, trim the straps to the appropriate length starting with the calf strap so that brace sits correctly on leg while trimming other straps.
- With user in standing position, insert fingers into popliteal pad openings and move to an ideal position in popliteal area.
How to remove brace?
- Ask the user to sit with the knee flexed and foot flat on the floor.
- Open both upper and lower buckles.
- Pull buckle buttons out of keyholes.
How to clean?
- Insert the entire brace into the designated washbag, without removing pads or straps.
- Machine wash using a gentle wash cycle.
- Wash with a gentle detergent.
- Regular practitioner supervision is recommended for users with peripheral vascular disease, neuropathy, and sensitive skin.
- Care should be taken not to overtighten the brace.
- For first-time users, it is recommended to gradually increase usage time while building up tolerance to the brace.
- Make sure the brace fits properly to minimize the possibility of skin irritation.
- Unloader One X is a field-adaptable knee brace. Adjustments to fit individual patient requirements should only be performed by an orthotist or qualified practitioner.
- The brace can only achieve effective pain relief if fitted properly.
- This device has been designed and tested based on single-patient usage.
- Do not use for multiple patients.
- If any problems occur with the use of this product, a medical professional should be contacted.
- Avoid contact with chlorinated water or salt water. In case of contact, rinse well with tap water.
- Do not wash using bleach as this will affect durability and may cause skin irritation.
- Do not wash using fabric softener.
- Do not tumble dry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Ossur Unloader One X customizable?
Yes, it is customizable to ensure a comfortable and secure fit for each patient. It comes with a variety of sizing options and adjustable straps to ensure a personalized fit.
Can this be worn during physical activity?
Yes, it can be worn during physical activity. Its lightweight and low-profile design allow patients to wear it comfortably while participating in their favorite activities.
Is Ossur Unloader Knee Brace suitable for all knee conditions?
This is designed to provide relief for patients suffering from knee pain due to osteoarthritis, meniscus tears, or other knee conditions. However, it may not be suitable for all knee conditions, and patients should consult with their healthcare provider to determine if it is the right treatment option for their specific condition.