Thumb Spica Brace Features
- Effective long-term immobilization and protection.
- Adjustable design for customized fit.
- Exceptional comfort.
- Allows contour fit.
- Customizable stays.
- Length: 8-inches.
More About Thumb Spica
- Indications for Use:
- DeQuervains tendonitis.
- Post-cast healing.
- Selected scaphoid injuries and soft-tissue injuries.
- Fitting Instructions:
- Undo contact closure straps and circumferential strap.
- Place hand into the Spica and thumb into thumb support.
- -Ensure stockinette positions on top of the hand.
- Align the Palmer stay to the palm of the hand.
- -Adjustments on the aluminium Palmer stay can be performed by a certified medical professional.
- Ensure the thumb stay is on the radial border of the forearm. Adjustments on the aluminium thumb stay can be performed by a certified medical professional.
- Ensure that the adjustable circumferential strap loops through both d-rings for added support. Fasten circumferential strap
- Fasten all contact closure straps and secure to a snug fit. Adjustments may be necessary as hand, wrist, and thumb swelling patterns change. Straps may be cut as desired
- Hot and Cold Therapy:
- For cold therapy, remove gel pad from brace and place into a freezer for approximately 20 minutes to 1 hour. To reduce swelling, apply directly to the skin with hand elevated for 20 minutes
- For hot therapy, remove gel pad from brace and place in microwave oven for 20 second intervals at low setting until hot. Do not use oven or flame to heat the gel pad. Do not apply heated gel pad directly to skin. If too hot, allow to cool before applying
- Once gel pad is hot/cold, use contact closure tabs to adhere it into the brace to continue therapy. Diabetics and patients with vascular inefficiencies must always consult a physician before using hot/cold therapy
- Washing Instructions:
- This product may be cleaned using a mild detergent and cold water
- Remove aluminium stays and gel pad before washing
- Do not use bleach or strong detergents
- Do not wash in washing machine
- Lay brace out flat on a towel and air dry
- Do not squeeze or wring out the brace
- Do not place in dryer or near heater
||Wrist Circ. (cm)
||13 - 16
||16 - 18.5
||18.5 - 20.5
||20.5 - 23.5
||23.5 - 25.5
6 months limited warranty
Ossur warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not apply if this product (1) was not purchased from Ossur or its authorized dealer, (2) has been altered in a way, or (3) has not been used in accordance with Ossurs Instructions for Use (IFU). This Limited Warranty does not cover damage due to accidents, neglect, misuse, or operation beyond capacity, parts damaged by improper installation, substitution or parts not approved by Ossur, or any other alteration or repair by others that, in Ossurs judgment, materially or adversely affects the product or part.
The duration of this Limited Warranty varies by product, but is effective from the date of delivery to the purchaser. Ossurs sole obligation under this Limited Warranty is to either repair or replace the product at no charge, or to credit purchasers account for the value of the defective product at Ossurs sole discretion.
Use of this product is not a guarantee against injury.
User should consult with his/her health care provider immediately if user experiences any kind of adverse medical reaction following use of this product. User should consult with his/her health care professional with any questions as to how this product applies to users specific medical condition. If user does not agree to the above conditions, he/she should contact his/her health care professional before using this product.
Ossur disclaims and excludes any other express or implied warranties not set forth in this Limited Warranty, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This Limited Warranty excludes liability for any personal injury, property damage, or special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of, related, or incident to use the product, even if Ossur has been advised of the possibility of such potential loss or damage, unless state law otherwise precludes this exclusion.