Optec Bivalve Oasis Rehab Back Brace Features
- Burst Fx
- Chronic back pain
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative, denigrated or bulging disc
- Spinal stabilization
- Spinal stenosis
Optec Bivalve Oasis Rehab Back Brace Instructions for Use
More On Optec Bivalve Oasis Rehab Back Brace
- Place Oasis orthosis around your waist with side closure attachment on the left side pre-attached to left front panel. Proceed to attach right Velcro placement attachment to right front panel.
- Align the brace so that the front panel is centered on your abdomen and the back panel curve is aligned with the small of your back.
- Using the arthritic thumb grips, detach the bottom compression straps for orthosis that have two straps on each side, or the single strap for orthosis that have only one strap on each side, and pull straps simultaneously away from your body.
- Secure the left compression strap to the center of the orthosis.
- Secure the right compression strap to the center of the orthosis. For orthosis with two straps on each side, repeat above steps for top straps. For orthosis with one single strap on each side, continue to next step.
- For best results, re-tighten straps while laying on a flat surface with your knees bent and feet flat. Finally, ensure that orthosis fit is snug and does not cause any discomfort.
Care and general guidelines:
- Remove plastic inserts from front and back panels.
- Hand wash at 86 F with mild soap.
- When drying, do not expose to direct heat (heater or sunlight), air dry. Never iron or dry clean.
- If not rinsed well after washing, residual soap may cause skin irritation and product deterioration.
- It is not uncommon for your body to change size under the spinal brace, because of the compression of the brace and because of a reduction in post-surgical swelling.
- If you change enough in size that you can no longer adjust the straps enough to get good compression, see your practitioner for a follow-up visit to resize or replace your brace.
- Your practitioner knows your medical status and is using the spinal brace as one part of your total care.
- It is important to follow his or her instructions exactly, even if they differ from some of the preceding guidelines.
Optec Bivalve Oasis Rehab Back Brace Specifications
||26" to 32"
||31" to 37"
||30" to 36"
||35" to 41"
||34" to 40"
||39" to 45"
||38" to 44"
||43" to 49"
||42" to 48"
||47" to 53"
||46" to 52"
||51" to 57"
||50" to 56"
||55" to 61"
The warranty on the Oasis is free repair or replacement for manufacturers defects within 90 days of the date of purchase.