Features of Nutricia Ketocal 4:1 Vanilla Flavor Powder
- Helps in the dietary management of intractable epilepsy
- Ketocal 4:1 is a nutritionally complete infant powder formulated to provide the 4:1 ketogenic ratio from age 1
- Provides complete nutritional support or supplementary feeding from 1 to 10 years of age
- Suitable to be used for enteral feeding
- Contains DHA and ARA
- Contains a blend of casein and whey protein
- 0 g trans fat and contains a multi-fiber blend
When to take Ketocal 4:1?
KetoCal 4:1 is indicated for the dietary management of intractable epilepsy and other epilepsy-related conditions where the ketogenic diet is indicated, including:
- Dravet Syndrome
- Super Refractory Status Epilepticus (SRSE)
- Glucose Transporter Type 1 Deficiency Syndrome (Glut1)
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiency (PDH)
What to buy with Ketocal 4:1 Powdered Medical Food
How to use Ketocal 4:1 Powder?
For oral or tube feeding:
- Measure warm water into a sealable container. To completely dissolve powder, the water must be at a temperature of 113°F - 122°F (45°C - 50°C). Recommended water temperature is necessary for best results
- Add the prescribed amount of KetoCal to the water
- Cover and shake vigorously until the powder has dissolved
- The prepared formula can be stored in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Once feeding begins, use within one hour
- Shake or stir immediately before serving. For oral feeding, KetoCal is best served chilled
How to store this Nutrition Formula?
- Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight
- Once opened, replace the lid on the can, store it in a cool, dry place (not in the refrigerator), and use it within one month
- Once reconstituted, settling of KetoCal may occur.
- Shake or stir immediately before serving.
- For tube feeding, flush the tube with lukewarm water, approximately 99˚F (37˚C) between each feed to avoid blockage.
- Do not use boiling water to prepare the formula
- Do not boil or microwave the prepared formula
KetoCal 4:1 Ingredients
Refined vegetable oils (palm oil, soy oil, sunflower oil), milk protein (casein, whey), soy lecithin, dietary fibres (cellulose, inulin, oligofructose, arabic gum, resistant starch, soy polysaccharides), calcium carbonate, dried glucose syrup, anti-caking agent (E551), calcium phosphate tribasic, tri potassium citrate, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, magnesium acetate, L-arginine, L-cystine, choline bitartrate, high arachidonic acid oil from mortierella alpina, high docosahexaenoic acid oil from crypthecodinium cohnii, L-tryptophan, maltodextrin, sodiumcaseinate (from cow's milk), sodium ascorbate, L-phenylalanine, L-ascorbic acid, L-valine, L-tyrosine, L-carnitine, taurine, ferrous sulphate, emulsifier (E471), DL-ɑ tocopheryl acetate, inositol,L-histidine, zinc sulphate, nicotinamide, calcium D-pantothenate, manganese sulphate, coppersulphate, thiamin hydrochloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin A acetate,antioxidants(E304, E306), folic acid, potassium iodide, sodium molybdate, chromium chloride,sodium selenite,vitamin K1, D-biotin, vitamin D3, cyanocobalamin.
Allergy advice: for allergens see ingredients in bold.