Features of Mepilex Lite Foam Dressing
- Thin and Low Profile: The dressing is designed to be thin and low profile, which allows for a discreet and comfortable fit. It can easily conform to the contours of the body and be worn under clothing without causing bulkiness
- Gentle and Soft: Made from a soft and gentle foam material that is non-irritating to the skin. It provides a comfortable and cushioned experience for the patient, reducing the risk of discomfort or pain during wear
- Absorbent and Moisture-Regulating: The dressing has excellent absorbent properties, efficiently absorbing and retaining exudate (fluid from the wound). It helps maintain a moist wound environment, promoting optimal healing conditions and preventing wound drying
- Safetac Technology: The Safetac adhesive technology used in this dressing ensures secure fixation to the skin without causing trauma or pain during dressing changes. It adheres gently to the surrounding skin, minimizing the risk of skin damage and reducing the need for additional secondary dressings
- Minimizes Maceration: The breathable design of the dressing allows for moisture vapor to escape while preventing excessive moisture build-up. This helps to minimize the risk of maceration (softening of the skin) and maintain a healthy wound healing environment
- Bacterial Barrier: The outer film layer of the dressing acts as a bacterial barrier, preventing bacteria and other contaminants from entering the wound. This helps reduce the risk of infection and supports a sterile environment for healing
When to use this dressing?
- Non to low exuding wounds
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic wounds
- Traumatic wounds like skin tears and secondary healing wounds
- Radiation skin reactions
- Partial thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Peristomal irritation
- Protection of compromised or fragile skin
- For use under compression and in conjunction with hydrogels
- Red granulated wound
- Low exudation
- Painful wound
- Superficial wound
- Fragile skin
- Radiotherapy induced skin reaction
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Non-bordered foam dressings
- Absorbent dressings
Mepilex Lite Safetac Technology
Soft silicone of Safetac technology easily conforms to the uneven skin surface, while other adhesives stick only to the top of the skin surface. This minimizes pain to patients and trauma to wounds. It seals the wound margins to prevent the exudate leakage onto the surrounding skin, thereby minimizing the risk of maceration. Mepilex Lite with Safetac technology also ensures atraumatic dressing changes.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Mepilex Lite Dressing?
- Clean the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly. Cut mepilex lite dressing for customization, if required. Remove the larger release film.
- Apply the adherent side to the wound. It should overlap the dry surrounding skin by 2 cm. Remove the shorter release film and mold the dressing in place. Do not stretch the dressing.
- Secure the dressing with a bandage or other fixation, such as Mepitac or Tubifast.
- It should not be used with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide
- It should be stored in dry conditions below 35 degrees C (95 degrees F) and be protected from direct sunlight
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a healthcare professional for adequate infection treatment
- Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact. Do not re-sterilize
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you remove mepilex lite dressing?
Lift one corner and peel back the dressing along the surface of the dressing (roll it off).
2. Is it shower proof?
No, because the edges are not sealed. However, the backing film is waterproof.
3. Can it be used on dry wounds?
Yes, depending on the condition of the wound bed. It should then be used in combination with a gel.
4. Will mepilex lite dressing cause any wound maceration?
Because the Safetac layer seals around the wound, forcing the exudate to pass into the dressing and preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, Mepilex Lite reduces the risk of maceration. However, if it is applied to a wound with a high exudate level for an extended period of time, maceration may occur.
5. How mepilex lite dressing should be stored?
Store in dry conditions below 95°F (35°C).
6. What type of dressing is mepilex lite dressing?
It is an absorbent, soft silicone thin foam dressing. Highly conformable for non-exuding to lightly exuding wounds.
Mepilex Lite Dressing Review