Mepilex Border Heel Foam Dressing Features
- Non-traumatic to the wound and the surrounding skin at removal, allowing for undisturbed healing
- Excellent exudate management with reduced risk of leakage and maceration
- Mepilex heel wound dressing maintains moist environment for optimized wound healing
- Heel dressing provides necessary conformability and adhesive capability for greater patient mobility
- No requirement of cutting or adapting the dressing for effective wound care
- Mepilex border heel minimizes stress caused by pain and avoids delays in healing
- Mepilex heel foam dressing promotes patient comfort during wear
- Heel foam dressing can stay in place for several days depending on the wound condition
- Mepilex dressing can be repositioned without losing adherent properties
- Shaped foam pad helps manage wound areas both on the back and underneath the heel
- Specially designed border with flaps enhances adhesion and easily conforms to contours
- Border can be folded with limited overlay
- Easy to apply and reposition
Unique 5-Layer Absorbent Foam Structure:
Five layered structure of Mepilex Border Heel foam dressing maintains a balanced microclimate and a normal moisture level. The three separate inner foam layers are able to move independently and dissipate shear. Their thickness distributes pressure over a large surface area.
- Highly breathable backing film: Offers a waterproof and secure barrier to virus and bacteria greater than 25nm. Minimizes friction between the dressing and the bed linens.
- Superabsorbent layer: Absorbs and retains fluids in the dressing.
- Nonwoven spreading layer: Distributes fluid on a large surface and maximize absorption performance.
- Foam layer: Initiates vertical absorption of wound exudate.
- Safetac layer: Seals the wound edges to minimize the risk of maceration, patient pain and trauma to the wound and skin.
When to use Mepilex Heel Border Dressing?
Mepilex Border Heel is indicated for the following conditions:
- Heel ulcers
- Preventing skin damage
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Secondary healing wounds
- Medium to high exudation
- Traumatic wound
Mepilex Safetac Technology:
Safetac technology allows the Mepilex dressing to gently adhere to the skin without adhering to the moist wound bed, thereby minimizing damage to the surrounding skin and wound. It seals the wound edges and prevents exudate from escaping. This helps in protecting the newly formed tissue and promotes natural healing of the wound. Safetac technology maintains optimal positioning and limits shear and friction at the patient-dressing interface. It allows repositioning of the dressing after skin inspection.
What to buy with Mepilex Border Heel Dressing
How to use Mepilex Border Heel dressing for Wound?
- When used as part of prophylactic therapy.
- Clean and dry the skin thoroughly.
- Select an appropriate size/ shape.
- The wound pad should cover the area at risk of pressure injury/ tissue damage.
- Remove the first release film and apply the adherent side to the skin.
- Remove the remaining release films and smooth down the border on the skin.
- Do not stretch the dressing.
- The area at risk of pressure ulcer/tissue damage should be inspected at regular intervals according to clinical practice.
The dressing change interval may be several days. Change the dressing based on its condition, or as indicated by clinical practice.
- When used for wound treatment.
- Cleanse the wound according to clinical practice.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- Select an appropriate size/ shape. The wound pad should cover the dry surrounding skin by at least 1-2 cm.
- Remove the first release film and apply the adherent side to the wound.
- Remove the remaining release films and smooth down the border on the skin. Do not stretch the dressing.
- The dressing change interval may be several days. Change the dressing before it is fully saturated, at signs of leakage, or as indicated by clinical practice.
- Mepilex Border can be used under compression bandaging.
Safety precautions while using Mepilex Border Heel Dressing
- Do not use on patients with known hypersensitivity to the ingoing materials/components of the product.
- Do not use together with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
- If you see signs of clinical infection e.g. fever or the wound or surrounding skin becoming red, warm or swollen, consult a health care professional for appropriate treatment.
- The use of dressings as part of a prophylactic therapy does not preclude the need to continue to develop and follow a comprehensive pressure ulcer prevention protocol, i.e. support surfaces, positioning, nutrition, hydration, skin care and mobility.
- Do not reuse. If reused performance of the product may deteriorate, cross contamination may occur.
- Sterile. Do not use if sterile barrier is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilise.
User Manual of Molnlycke Mepilex Border Heel Foam Dressing