Mckesson Pontoon Bedpan Features
- Non-stick surface
- Weight capacity 250 lbs
- Urinal Bedpan are made of plastic
- Volume: 2 Quart / 1893 mL
- Graduated in both mL and ounces
- Saddle-shaped with a high-rolled front
- Not made with natural rubber latex
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Pontoon Bedpan?
- Prepare the bedpan: Before use, make sure the bedpan is clean and free of any debris. You may need to apply a small amount of lubricant to the rim of the bedpan to help it slide under the patient more easily
- Position the patient: Assist the patient into a comfortable position lying on their back with their knees slightly bent. If the patient is unable to move themselves, you may need to help them into position
- Place the bedpan: Slide the bedpan under the patient's buttocks, making sure it is centered and secure. The pontoon design of the bedpan should be facing the foot of the bed
- Assist the patient: If the patient is able, they should be instructed to lift their hips slightly and position themselves over the bedpan. If the patient is unable to do this, you may need to assist them by gently lifting their hips
- Allow the patient to relieve themselves: Once the patient is in position, allow them to relieve themselves at their own pace. Be sure to provide privacy and dignity during this process
- Remove the bedpan: Once the patient has finished, gently lift their hips again and slide the bedpan out from underneath them. Be sure to support the patient's lower back and hips as you remove the bedpan
- Dispose of waste and clean the bedpan: Dispose of the waste appropriately, then clean the bedpan thoroughly with soap and water. You can also disinfect the bedpan with a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. Rinse the bedpan thoroughly and allow it to dry completely before storing it.
What is the weight capacity of the Medegen Pontoon Graphite Bedpan?
The Medegen Pontoon Graphite Bedpan has a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
Is the bedpan compatible with standard commode chairs?
Yes, It is compatible with most standard commode chairs.
Can the bedpan be used by both male and female patients?
Yes, it is designed to be used by both male and female patients. Its contoured design ensures a secure fit for all users.
How do I clean and disinfect the bedpan?
It can be cleaned with soap and water and disinfected with a solution of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and disinfecting.