McKesson Packing Cotton Strip Features
- Easy dispensing packaging (patent pending) helps facilitate caregiver convenience
- Made of 100% cotton, ravel-resistant gauze designed to resist linting or fraying
- Conveniently designed for secure storage and extended shelf life
- The strips are available in different sizes to accommodate various wound sizes and depths
- They are also flexible and conformable to the wound site
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Packing Strips Wound Care?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling the packing strips or the wound.
- Carefully remove the sterile packaging from the packing strip.
- Using clean scissors, trim the packing strip to the appropriate size and shape for the wound.
- Gently insert the packing strip into the wound using a sterile applicator or clean hands. Be sure not to pack the wound too tightly, as this can impede healing.
- Once the packing strip is in place, cover it with a sterile dressing, gauze, or adhesive tape to keep it in place and protect the wound.
- Change the packing strip as directed by a healthcare professional, typically every 24-48 hours or as needed based on the amount of drainage.
- Dispose of used packing strips and any other materials used during the dressing change in a biohazard bag or other appropriate container.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are McKesson Plain Packing Strips sterile?
Yes, McKesson Plain Packing Strips are sterile and come individually packaged in a sterile pouch.
2. How are McKesson Plain Packing Strips used?
McKesson Plain Packing Strips are inserted into the wound to absorb excess fluid and promote healing. They can be trimmed to fit the size and shape of the wound. It is important to follow the instructions of a healthcare professional when using packing strips.
3. Can McKesson Plain Packing Strips be used on all types of wounds?
McKesson Plain Packing Strips can be used on most types of wounds, but it is important to consult a healthcare professional to determine if they are appropriate for a specific wound.
4. How often should McKesson Plain Packing Strips be changed?
The frequency of changing McKesson Plain Packing Strips depends on the severity of the wound and the amount of drainage. A healthcare professional can provide guidance on how often to change the packing strips.
5. Can McKesson Plain Packing Strips be used with other wound care products?
Yes, McKesson Plain Packing Strips can be used in conjunction with other wound care products such as dressings, gauze, or adhesive tapes.