McKesson Fingertip Pulse Oximeter 16-93651 Features
- Non-invasive spot-check measurement of functional blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate
- Measures SpO2 (Oxygen Saturation) levels ranging from 70% - 99%; with an accuracy of ± 3%
- Measures pulse rates between 30 BPM - 235 BPM with an accuracy of ± 2%
- Adjustable OLED display allows 10 levels of brightness to accommodate user preference and visibility
- Runs on 2 AAA 1.5V batteries (included) with "battery-low" indication to notify user to change batteries
- Universal design suitable for pediatric to adult use
- Includes neck lanyard for portability and convenience
- Not made with natural rubber latex
What to buy with Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
How to use McKesson Pulse Oximeter?
- Install two AAA batteries into the battery compartment.
- Place clamp over the fingernail.
- Fully insert one finger into rubber hole of the oximeter.
- Press the switch on the front panel.
- Finger and body should not tremble during measuring.
- Read correspondent data from display screen.
After turning on the oximeter, each time you press the power switch, the oximeter will switch to another display mode. There are 6 display modes shown as follows:
When you press and hold the power switch, the brightness of the oximeter will change. There are 10 levels of brightness, and the default is level four.
Brief Description of Front Panel
The Pulse bar graph corresponds with the patient’s heart rate. The height of the bar graph showsthe patient’s pulse strength.
- Put the two AAA batteries into battery compartment in correct polarities.
- Push the battery cover horizontally along the arrow.
- Battery polarities should be correctly installed. Otherwise, damage may be caused to the device.
- Please put in or remove batteries in right order, or may cause damage to the device bracket.
- Please remove the batteries if the oximeter will not be used for a long time to avoid corrosion.
- Thread the thin end of the lanyard through the loop.
- Thread the thick end of the lanyard through the threaded end and pull it tight
McKesson Oximeter Maintenance and Storage
- Replace the batteries in a timely manner when low voltage lamp is lighted.
- Clean surface of the fingertip oximeter before it is used in diagnosis for patients.
- Remove the batteries if the oximeter is not operated for a long time.
- It is best to store the product in -20 ~ 55ºC (-4 ~ 131ºF) and =93% humidity.
- Keep in a dry place. Extreme moisture may affect oximeter lifetime and may cause damage.
- Dispose of battery properly; follow any applicable local battery disposal laws.
Cleaning the Finger Pulse Oximeter
- Gently wipe screen and all surface areas using a cloth dampened with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Do not pour or spray liquids onto the oximeter, and do not allow any liquid to enter any openings in the device. Allow the oximeter to dry thoroughly before reuse. A functional tester cannot be used to assess the accuracy of a pulse oximeter monitor or sensor. Clinical testing is used to establish the SpO2 accuracy. The measured arterial hemoglobin saturation value (SpO2) of the sensors is compared to arterial hemoglobin oxygen (SaO2) value, determined from blood samples with a laboratory CO-oximeter. The accuracy of the sensors in comparison to the CO-oximeter samples measured over the SpO2 range of 70 – 100%. Accuracy data is calculated using the root-mean-squared (Arms value) for all subjects, per ISO 9919:2005, Medical Electrical Equipment–Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of pulse oximeter equipment for medical use. The fingertip pulse oximeter requires no routine calibration or maintenance other than replacement of batteries. The use life of the device is five years when it is used for 15 measurements every day and 10 minutes per one measurement. Stop using and contact local service center if one of the following cases occurs:
- An error in the Possible Problems and Solutions is displayed on screen
- The oximeter cannot be powered on in any case not due to battery problems
- There is a crack in the oximeter or damage to the display resulting in readings that cannot be identified, the spring is broken, or the key is unresponsive
McKesson Fingertip Pulse Oximeter User Manual
McKesson Fingertip Oximeter Specifications
||Fingertip Pulse Oximeter
||2 Years Warranty