KT Tape Pro Sports Kinesiology Tape Features
- KT Tape Pro Extreme Elastic Sports Tape Includes:
- Roll of 20 precut 10 strips
- Plastic protective case
- Instruction sheet
- KT Tape helps reduce pressure to the tissue and may reduce discomfort or pain relief
- Correct taping also provides support to muscles by improving the muscles ability to contract, even when it is weak
- Helps the muscle to not over-extend or over-contract
KT Tape Pro Extreme Technology
- Extra-Strength adhesive
- KT Tape Pro Extremes extra-strength adhesive is specially formulated to help with adhesion during strenuous activity through extreme conditions including wet conditions, high heat, high humidity or oily skin.
- Synthetic fabric
- Synthetic material is an engineered fabric created to assist with the durability and strength of the elasticity of the tape, offering greater, longer-lasting support.
How does KT Tape work?
When an area of the body is injured through impact or over-use, the lymphatic fluid builds up causing inflammation and swelling. This accumulation of lymphatic fluids may cause increased pressure on muscles and tissue which can cause significant discomfort or pain.
It is believed that when applied correctly, KT Tape lifts the skin, decompressing the layers of fascia, allowing for greater movement of lymphatic fluid which transports white blood cells throughout the body and removes waste products, cellular debris, and bacteria.
When to use KT Tape Pro Sports Kinesiology Tape?
Whether user is training for first marathon, getting ready for first game, reaching a personal fitness goal, or just trying to get through the day, nothing slows down more than pain and injury. KT Tape provides pain relief and support so user does not have to slow down. It is light weight, comfortable to wear, and can be used for hundreds of common injuries such as:
- Carpal tunnel
- Shoulder pain
- Rib pain
- Hamstring strain
- Achilles tendonitis
- Ankle sprain
- Runners knee
- Tennis elbow
- Gluteus pain
- Neck strain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Quad strain
- Calf strain
- Golfers elbow
- Shin splints
How to use KT Tape Pro Sports Kinesiology Tape?
Healthcare professionals have been teaching patients for years how to apply kinesiology tape themselves. Do not be afraid to jump in and just go for it the first time you try and tape yourself. It generally takes 3 or 4 times to get comfortable with taping before you’ll be taping like the pros. Here are a few tips that will help:
- Make sure the skin is clean and dry, free from lotions/oils (suntan lotion, skin conditioner, topical treatments, etc). We have even found that some bath soaps have moisturizers in them that leave a residue behind, so if you want to play it safe just clean the skin with rubbing alcohol before applying.
- If applying KT Tape on a joint, be sure the joint is in a fully bent position. If the tape is applied over a knee or elbow in an extended position the tape will pull off as the joint is moved.
- Never stretch the first or the last of the tape on either end. The tape on the ends should be applied directly to the skin without stretching, otherwise it will pull up and will not stick.
- Lastly, be sure to set the adhesive by firmly rubbing the tape & make sure all the edges are down. For best results apply the tape 30 minutes before athletic activity.
Instructions for Removing KT Tape
- Tape Removal
- Begin by peeling tape up at a corner. Hold skin down where tape is being pulled off with one hand while gently pulling tape up with the other hand. Remove slowly.
- For Sensitive Skin or Strong Adhesive
- In cases of sensitive skin or when the tape is difficult to remove, rub baby oil or olive oil into the top of the tape to help break down the adhesive. Wait five minutes and then slowly remove.
- Do not use KT Tape if you have been diagnosed with cancer as it may interfere with treatment and disease management strategies employed by your medical professionals.
- Do not use KT tape on abdominal applications if pregnant.