Features of KT Tape Strips
- Superior Support - KT Tape's elastic core delivers strong support for muscles, tendons and joints without restricting comfort and range of motion
- Strong Adhesive - KT Therapeutic Tape is engineered to perform in the harshest environments, to last for up to three days, through multiple runs, daily showers, in humidity, cold or in the pool
- Pre-Cut Strips - KT Cotton Tape is pre-cut and ready to apply right out of the box. Pre-cut strips have rounded corners which help to prevent the corners from snagging on things or edges fraying.
- Multiple Colors - KT Kinesiology Tape comes in multiple colors with all of them serving the same purpose of providing targeted pain relief. The color difference is just to enable styling for the athletes out there.
- Sensitive Skin Compatible - KT Therapeutic Cotton Tape uses an acrylic-based medical grade adhesive that is gentle on the skin. It does not generally need to scratch the skin as often as other medical tapes and braces do.
- Hypoallergenic & Latex-Free - KT Tapes are designed to contain very few potential substances known to trigger allergic reactions.
Note: If the user is known to have very sensitive skin or is prone to allergic reactions, it is recommended they test the tape using a small piece of KT and apply it without stretch to a tougher skin area such as the knee or forearm.
What to buy with Therapeutic Cotton Tape
How to Apply KT Kinesiology Tape?
Before You Start
Use the following steps to get the best results:
- Apply Before Activity - Apply tape 1 hour before beginning the activity
- Clean Skin - Clean dirt and oil from the skin and allow it to dry.
- Trim Hair - Trim excessive hair for better adhesion
- Don't Rip Off - Gently remove the tape from the skin. Use baby oil if necessary and remove slowly.
- Don't Overstretch - Overstretching tape may result in skin irritation and/or abrasions
- End on Skin, Not Tape - Make sure the ends of the tape are over the skin and not another tape(to ensure best results).
Applying The Tape
- Start by removing the backing paper from the center. Do not touch the adhesive part of the tape, keep your fingers on the backing paper instead.
- When applying the anchor on the first strip, do not allow there to be any stretch on the last two inches on either end. This can cause the Kt tape to detach and pull on the skin.
- To ensure a good stretch, use your thumb and index finger to apply even pressure across the width of the KT Tape(R) strip.
- Stretch the strip to the desired length and then release about 20% of the stretch before applying. Please see our instructional videos for specific stretch recommendations.
- For solid adhesion, rub vigorously for 10 seconds or more or use a hairdryer for additional heat. The heat activates the glue, allowing for a longer duration of use.
3 Common Injuries
Back Pain-Lower Back Pain
- Lean forward to stretch the lower back
- Apply the middle of the full strip over the point of pain with an 80% stretch
- Lay ends down without stretch
- Apply the middle of the second full strip under the first strip with an 80% stretch
- Lay ends down without stretch, rub the tape to activate adhesive
Knee Pain - Full Knee Support
- Bend knees to 90 degrees. Cut one strip in half, and round the corners to create 2 half-strips
- Apply half strip under the knee cap, stretch the middle of tape 80%, lay ends without stretch
- Anchor on the external quad, stretch tape 20% down to kneecap and 50% around the kneecap. Lay last 2 inches without stretch
- Repeat the above step on the internal side of the knee
- Rub tape to activate adhesive
Shoulder Pain - General shoulder
- Tilt head away from shoulder, looking down. Place arm across the chest
- Anchor a full strip on the lower deltoid without stretch
- Apply the tape around the back of the shoulder with a 20% stretch
- Anchor a full strip an inch below the first piece without stretch
- Apply tape-up to the shoulder with 20% stretch. Apply the last 2 inches without stretch
- Rub tape to activate adhesive
*The KT Kinesiology Cotton Tape is NOT Clinically Proven for All Applications*
Applications of KT Tape Kinesiology Therapeutic Tape
*In order to find out how to properly apply KT Therapeutic Tape for the below-mentioned conditions, please click on them to view further details*
For descriptive videos on how to apply KT Kinesiology Tapes for the above-mentioned conditions, please visit KT Kinesiology Tape - Applications
KT Tape - Frequently Asked Questions
- DO DIFFERENT COLORS DO DIFFERENT THINGS?
No. The colors are just to give you the option to be fashionable. The tape is produced to the same specifications for all colors.
- THE VIDEO SHOWED 2 COLORS, DO I NEED 2 ROLLS TO USE IT?
No. We use more than one color in the videos to make it easier to see when there are multiple strips of tape in the application. A single color has 20 strips which is enough for 8-10 applications on average.
- HOW LONG CAN I WEAR THE TAPE?
KT TAPE generally lasts up to a week at a time if applied correctly. The length of time it lasts depends on which part of the body it is applied to and environmental conditions such as humidity. We recommend removing the tape after 7 days to let the skin breathe before re-taping.
- IS THE TAPE 1-TIME USE OR CAN I RE-USE IT?
It's one-time use. Each box of KT TAPE has 20 strips of tape, enough for approximately 8-10 applications. Each application should last for up to a week.
- DOES THE TAPE REALLY WORK OR IS IT A FITNESS FAD?
The use of taping to prevent and treat injuries is a practice that can be traced back to Hippocrates in ancient Greece. In the past 40 years, kinesiology tape has grown in popularity with medical and healthcare professionals worldwide in helping patients treat and prevent injury.
- CAN I USE IT IN WATER?
Yes. KT TAPE and KT TAPE Pro are designed to be worn in the water and while sweating without coming off.
- CAN I TAPE MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION AT A TIME?
Yes. Applying more than one application will not cause any problems and many times it can help significantly.
- WHAT'S IN THE TAPE?
Nothing. KT Tape has no additives or preservatives and is non-medicated.
- WHAT IF I APPLY IT INCORRECTLY?
Unlike medications and other sports injury products, it's unlikely that you'll hurt yourself applying KT TAPE incorrectly. Applying incorrectly will limit effectiveness. A benefit of tape is that it's easy to remove if it doesn't feel right.
- DO I HAVE TO SHAVE FIRST?
No, not normally. However, if you have excess hair you will need to trim the area to about 1/8" so the tape can adhere directly to the skin.
Therapeutic Cotton Tape Reviews