Features of Kent Thick It Powder Food Thickener
- Thick-It Instant Food Thickeners provide nectar-like, honey-like, or pudding-like consistencies
- Sets most foods and liquids within 30 to 60 seconds, dissolving instantly
- It has a shelf-life of 2.5 years
- Corn-starch based, low in sodium and neutral in taste
- Easily digestible and does not bind fluids
- Unflavored thick-it powder
- This instant food thickener is ideal for people with dysphagia
What are the main ingredients of Thick-It Thickener?
- Modified Cornstarch: Modified is the method used to process the cornstarch so that it easily dissolves in a cold or hot liquid without having to boil the liquid first.
- Maltodextrin: Maltodextrin is an easily digestible carbohydrate derived from corn. It is used in a wide variety of dry foods, dairy products, meats, and beverages.
Who should use this Food Thickener?
Anyone who has trouble swallowing or chewing can benefit from the thickened liquid. Some of the medical conditions that can lead to chewing and swallowing problems are:
- Narrowing of the oesophagus
- Digestive disorders
- Injuries to the jaw or gums
- Oral infections
- Mouth sores
- Conditions that produce less saliva, such as Sjogren syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease or other neurologic condition
- Oral or dental surgery
- Surgery for throat cancer
Frequently Bought Together
Also available (sold separately):
How to take Thick-It Food & Drink Thickener?
1. Pour 4 fl oz of cold or hot liquid into a glass.
2. Slowly add level measured thickener to liquid, stirring with fork or whisk as you pour
3. Stir briskly until thickener has 3 dissolved.
4. Before serving, let water and juices stand for at least 1 minute. Let milk and supplements stand for 5–10 minutes. Stir and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the thickening agent in Thick-It?
Cornstarch-based Thick-It Original Food & Beverage Thickener dissolves instantly in your favorite foods and beverages.
Do you need a prescription for using Thick-It?
Although a prescription is not needed, we recommend you consult with a medical professional to determine the appropriate consistency to purchase.
What is the use of beverage thickener?
Thick It Food, drink, and liquid thickeners are starch-based additives that make fluids and edibles easier to swallow. It prevents food and beverage from entering the airway.