1. Carefully lift an edge of the adhesive and peel downward, gently pushing the skin away from the skin barrier. Properly dispose of used hollister 2 piece drainable pouch and skin barrier. Do not flush down toilet.
2. Clean the skin with water or with gentle soap as recommended by your healthcare professional. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Do not use oils, powder, lotion, or lotion-type soaps on the skin.
Apply the Hollister New Image Pouching System:
1. Center the skin barrier opening over the stoma in a diamond shape. For tape bordered barriers, remove the backing paper on both sides and press adhesive against the skin.
2. Apply gentle pressure to the skin barrier for about a minute for best adhesion.
3. Attach the drainable hollister new image drainable pouch to the skin barrier by engaging the lower edges of the pouch flange and the skin barrier flange. Press the two flanges together. A series of "clicks" will confirm you are doing it correctly. No more "clicks" means the pouch is secured.
4. Close bottom of hollister 2 piece drainable pouch. If using a Hollister New Image Two-Piece drainable pouch, close the Lock N Roll microseal closure at the bottom of the pouch or apply a pouch clamp. Refer to the Lock N Roll Microseal Closure Care Tip for more information on how to use this closure system.
Emptying the Hollister Drainable Pouch
Opening: Lift from the center of the transparent flap.
Draining: Position fingers on both sides of the drainable pouch tail, between the ribbed strips, and squeeze from the sides. Continue to hold the pouch open for cleaning
Cleaning: Clean and dry the inside of the pouch tail. Wipe the outside edge of the pouch tail.
Closing: Roll the ostomy pouch tail up tightly three times. Fold flap down aligning the fasteners together.
To close, start at the center and press. Continue pressing to the outer edges. You will feel the fasteners seal together.
Aligning and pressing the center of the security flap to the outer edges will allow you to feel the interlocking fasteners seal and ensure your pouch is securely closed.
The material used on the closure is water-resistant and can be securely closed even when it is wet, but will work best when dry.
The closure is designed to be discreet with its slim profile, and is not noticeable underneath most clothes.
The slim profile of the curved outlet is designed to conform to the body’s natural curves providing the utmost comfort.
Laboratory testing has shown that the interlocking fasteners are secure when closed properly.