Hollister 2-Piece Cut-to-fit CeraPlus Skin Barrier Features
- Hollister New Image Two-Piece Cut-to-fit CeraPlus Skin Barrier With Remois technology comes with tape border
- Flat skin barrier
- Extended Wear skin barrier
- Ostomy skin barrier is used with New Image pouches, including drainable, high output, closed, and urostomy pouches
- Tapered skin barrier edge
- Pouch locking system
- Ultra-thin skin barrier construction
- Recommended for post-operative use and home use
- Latex free
- Ceramide Advantage:
- Links cells of the outer skin (epidermis) together to form a waterproof, protective barrier
- Help prevent water loss that can lead to skin damage and dryness
- Many skin moisturizing products contain ceramide as a component to help protect the skin against loss of its natural moisture
What to buy with Hollister New Image Skin Barrier
How to use New Image Cut-to-fit Ostomy Barrier?
Skin Preparation Prior to use Hollister New Image Skin Barrier
1. Measure the stoma using a stoma measuring guide before every barrier application (if using a pre-sized barrier opening, go to step 4).
2. Trace the determined barrier size opening onto the skin barrier. The skin barrier should fit where the skin and stoma meet. Verify that no skin is showing between the skin barrier and the stoma to help prevent leakage and skin irritation.
3. Using small curved scissors
, carefully cut an opening in the skin barrier to match the pattern. Do not cut beyond the line on the release liner.
4. Remove the release liner from the skin barrier. Set aside with adhesive facing up.
How to apply Hollister CeraPlus Skin Barrier?
- Minimize the amount of touching or contact with the barrier prior to application
- Once applied to the skin, the barrier adhesion will improve with heat. Enhance the adherence of the skin barrier by using a hand or fingers to hold the skin barrier in contact with the skin for 30 to 60 seconds.
- The flexibilty of the barrier can be improved by warming prior to application. One way this can be accomplished is by holding the barrier in your hands prior to the removal of the release paper or film. Do not microwave skin barriers.
- Wear time is defined as the length of time a product can be worn before failure
- Failure is usually the result of barrier erosion or separation of the barrier from the skin
- Wear time can vary widely based upon factors such as skin condition, discharge consistency, activity, and climate
- The goal is to provide predictable and consistent wear time
Hollister New Image Ostomy Skin Barrier FAQ
What is an ostomy skin barrier?
An ostomy skin barrier is a protective layer that prevents the chances of infection around the sensitive stoma site. A stoma is a surgically created opening in the body used to excrete urine and bowel to ensure the good health of your ostomy.
How often should an ostomy pouch be emptied?
An Ostomy pouch should be emptied six to eight times a day. Don't wait for the bag to be filled. Empty the bag when it is 1/3 full. A full bag can lead to leakage.
Can you irrigate stoma daily?
Yes, you can irrigate your colostomy at the same time every day. It will help you to train your bowel to function. It can help you stay drainage free for a day or two. It would be best if you irrigated within an hour of having a meal.
How often do you change ostomy skin barrier?
You will require to change the skin barrier every three days, i.e., twice a week. Ensure you replace the pouch before it starts leaking or pulling apart from your skin.
Hollister CeraPlus Reviews