Why Choose Hollister Flextend Convex Skin Barrier?
- These are designed to be used with a corresponding pouch with the same flange size.
- A Flextend skin barrier comes with an attached flange.
- The convexity of the flextend skin barrier best suits a stoma that does not protrude.
- The user can cut a cut-to-fit product to fit the stoma.
- A tape (adhesive) border helps provide an extra sense of security around the edge of the skin barrier.
- Uses hydrocolloid skin adhesive and polymer/ copolymer plastics.
What to buy with Hollister New Image Two-Piece Flextend Skin Barrier
When to use Hollister New-Image Flextend Cut-to-Fit Skin Barrier
The skin barrier is part of a two-piece ostomy pouching system intended to collect output from a stoma (e.g., colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy) or skin opening (e.g., wound, fistula).
Instructions to use Flextend Skin Barrier
Step 1: Measure your stoma opening. Here's an informative video on how to measure your stoma
Step 2: Prepare you skin around stoma opening
Step 3:Apply the Flextend Skin Barrier over the stoma opening. Make sure that the skin barrier aligns with the stoma opening correctly.
Instructions on how to remove and dispose the used skin barrier
Warnings & Precautions to be taken care of using Hollister Flextend Skin
- It is a single-use product, and reusing may create potential risks to the user, such as poor adhesion.
- Ensure proper fit as instructed. Reprocessing, cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization may compromise the product resulting in odor or leakage.
- If the barrier opening is incorrect or leaks, skin damage may occur (e.g., irritation, broken skin, rash, or redness), decreasing the wear time.
- Do not flush or dispose the skin barrier in toilet
- To help ensure proper adhesion, apply the skin barrier on clean, dry, intact skin.
- Do not use oils or lotions. These products may interfere with the adhesion of the skin barrier.
- Frequent removal of a Flextend skin barrier multiple times a day may result in skin damage.
- Contact a stoma care nurse or healthcare practitioner for help with the pouching ostomy system or skin irritation.
- In case of serious injury while using the product, please contact your local distributor or manufacturer and your competent local authority.
Hollister Flextend Skin Barrier Reviews