Hollister Everyday Male External Catheter Features
- Help drain urine freely – Double-row convolutions are designed to resist kinking and twisting
- Stay in place – Skin-friendly adhesive helps maximize wear time and helps prevent accidental detachment
- Fit most leg and night drainage bags – The tapered tip helps ensure a secure connection
- Help protect skin – The inner flap of the external condom catheter helps prevent urine backflow, which can irritate the skin
- Easy to apply – The application collar helps make it easy to place the catheter over the glans
- Easy to wear – Non-irritating latex is soft and comfortable and can be crimped for a custom fit
- Easy to remove – Gentle adhesive keeps the catheter in place yet allows for easy removal
Hollister Condom Catheter Sizing Guide
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Hollister Male External Catheter?
- Be sure to have good visualization and access to the area.
- Wash, rinse, and thoroughly dry the penis. Do not use lotions, powders, or emollients on the skin. Trim hair as needed.
- Place your thumb and forefinger in the finger cuts on the application collar and pinch the catheter closed.
- Position the Hollister external catheter on the penis so that the inter flap touches the glans, taking care not to position the entire glans through the inner flap. Then, unroll the everyday male catheter onto the penis in a drawing motion toward the base.
- Do not force the plastic collar onto the penis. Remove and discard the application collar after the catheter is in place.
- Pinch up any excess latex material for a custom fit along the shaft. Do not attempt to reposition the catheter.
- Connect to a bedside collector or a leg bag.
- Secure the tubing to either a leg bag or a gravity drainage bag to the thigh to prevent unnecessary tugging on the catheter.
- Position the tubing for the leg bag or gravity drainage bag below the level of the bladder.
CAUTION: Hollister everyday male external catheter is made with natural rubber latex that may cause an allergic reaction. Do not use on irritated or compromised skin. Do not use it if an allergic reaction occurs. Before using the Everyday Wear Male External Catheter, read the full product Instructions for Use that accompany the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long do Hollister catheters stay on?
A: A variety of factors, such as application technique, individual anatomy, and condition of the skin, may influence wear time. You can expect up to 24 hours of wear with proper application.
Q: Is sizing important in selecting the right external catheter?
A: Yes. The Hollister sizing guide is available to help with proper catheter size selection. If the patient is between sizes, select the larger two sizes, apply the catheter, and crimp the excess latex material on the shaft so the urine does not channel beneath the catheter and cause leakage.
Q: How should I clean the bedside collector or leg bag used with an external catheter?
A: Several commercially available products are used to clean Hollister condom catheters. The Hollister m9 cleaner/decrystallizer is one such product. The m9 cleaner/decrystallizer is odorless, pH balanced, and comes with its own mixing bottle with a tapered tip to fit inside most tubing. A bleach solution is not recommended.
Q: What is the best way to remove an external catheter?
A: Gently roll the catheter off the skin. A warm, wet washcloth, held over the Hollister condom catheter for approximately 30 seconds, may help weaken the adhesive for easier removal in some cases. Adhesive remover wipes may also be helpful.
Q: Can a protective barrier wipe be used on the skin before applying the catheter?
A: Not initially recommended, but the barrier may be helpful if the skin is fragile.
If you wish to buy one, we recommend Hollister Adapt Skin Protective Wipes
Q: Can external catheters be used on an uncircumcised penis?
A: Yes. Apply the Hollister everyday male external catheter with the foreskin in its natural position
Hollister Condom Catheter Specifications
Reviews of Hollister Condom Catheter