Everyday Male Condom Catheter Features
- Recommended for - home and post operative use
- Help drain urine freely – Double-row convolutions are designed to resist kinking and twisting
- Stay in place – Skin friendly adhesive helps maximize wear time and helps prevent accidental detachment
- Help protect skin – The inner flap of the Male External Catheter helps prevent urine backflow which can irritate skin
- Easy to apply – The application collar helps make it easy to place the everyday male catheter over the glans
- Easy to wear – Non-irritating latex is soft and comfortable, and can be crimped for a custom fit
- Easy to remove – Gentle adhesive keeps the hollister condom catheter in place yet allows for easy removal
- Contains natural rubber latex
Everyday Male External Catheter User Manual
Hollister Male Condom Catheter Product Manual
What to buy with Hollister Everyday Condom Catheter?
How to use Hollister Condom Catheter?
- Be sure to have good visualization and access to the area.
- Wash, rinse, and thoroughly dry the penis. Do not use lotions, powders, or emollients on the skin. Trim hair as needed.
- Place your thumb and forefinger in the finger cuts on the application collar and pinch the catheter closed.
- Position the hollister everyday male external catheter on the penis so that the inter flap touches the glans, taking care not to position the entire glans through the inner flap. Then, unroll the everyday male catheter onto the penis in a drawing motion toward the base.
- Do not force the plastic collar onto the penis. Remove and discard the application collar after the catheter is in place.
- Pinch up any excess latex material for a custom fit all along the shaft. Do not attempt to reposition the catheter.
- Connect to a bedside collector or a leg bag.
- Secure the tubing leading to either a leg bag or gravity drainage bag to the thigh to prevent unnecessary tugging on the catheter.
- Position the tubing for the leg bag or gravity drainage bag below the level of the bladder.
CAUTION: Hollister everyday male external catheter natural rubber latex which may cause an allergic reaction. Do not use on irritated or compromised skin. Do not use if allergic reaction occurs. Prior to using the Everyday Wear Male External Catheter, be sure to read the entire product Instructions for Use that accompany the product.
Hollister Everyday Male External Catheter FAQ
Q: How long do Hollister catheters stay on?
A: A variety of factors such as application technique, individual anatomy and condition of the skin may influence wear time. With proper application, you can expect up to 24-hours wear time.
Q: Is sizing important in selecting the right external catheter?
A: Yes. The Hollister sizing guide is available to help in proper catheter size selection. If the patient is between sizes, select the larger of the two sizes, apply the catheter, and crimp the excess latex material on the shaft so the urine does not channel beneath the catheter and cause leakage.
Q: How should I clean the bedside collector or leg bag used with an external catheter?
A: There are several commercially available products to clean hollister condom catheter. The Hollister m9 cleaner/decrystallizer is one such product. The m9 cleaner/decrystallizer is odorless, pH balanced, and comes with its own mixing bottle with a tapered tip to fit inside most tubing. A bleach solution is not recommended.
Q: What is the best way to remove an external catheter?
A: Gently roll the catheter off the skin. A warm, wet washcloth, held over the hollister condom catheter for approximately 30 seconds may help weaken the adhesive for easier removal in some cases. Adhesive remover wipes may also be helpful.
Q: Can a protective barrier wipe be used on the skin before applying catheter?
A: Not initially recommended, but the barrier may be helpful if the skin is fragile.
If you wish to buy one, we recommend Hollister Adapt Skin Protective Wipes
Q: Can external catheters be used on an uncircumcised penis?
A: Yes. Apply the hollister everyday male external catheter with the foreskin in its natural position
Hollister Condom Catheter Specifications
Reviews of Hollister Condom Catheter