Neb-u-Tyke Speedster Features
- Designed to provide a source of compressed air for aerosol therapy
- Used in conjunction with a jet (pneumatic) nebulizer to produce medicated aerosols for inhalation by pediatric and adult patients with respiratory symptoms
- Indications for therapy include asthma, chronic bronchitis, infection of the upper respiratory tract, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and other respiratory disorders in accordance with a physicians prescription. Do not use this product for any other purpose than the preceding
- This device can be used with adult or pediatric patients under physicians prescription
Neb-u-Tyke Speedster Nebulizer Guides
How To Use John Bunn Nebulizer Compressor?
- Before each use, inspect the compressor and nebulizer cup assembly for damage or wear; replace as needed.
- Place the compressor on a table or other flat stable surface (not on the floor), in an area that is clean and dust-free. Be sure to easily reach the controls when seated.
- Open the nebulizer medication cup: Twist the cap counter-clockwise until it stops, then lift cap off.
- Pour the prescribed medication into the nebulizer medication cup. Do not fill with more than 5 ml per treatment.
- Install cap on cup. Turn clockwise to tighten.
- If using the mouthpiece for treatment, proceed to step 7. If using an optional mask, install the bottom part of the mask directly onto the top of the nebulizer medication cup cap as shown at right. Proceed to step 9
- Insert mouthpiece into large end of T adapter. Info: The reservoir tube, shown in the illustration earlier in this manual, acts as a holding tank for the mist, reducing the amount lost during treatment. Its use is optional. If the user wish to use the reservoir tube, install it now on the small end of the T adapter.
- Install T adapter onto top of nebulizer medication cup cap.
- Connect the tubing to the adapter on the bottom of the nebulizer medication cup.
- Connect the tubing''s other end to the compressor air outlet connector.
Warning: Before use, check that all parts are securely connected. Use of an improperly assembled nebulizer could diminish or prevent adequate delivery of medication and the effectiveness of the treatment.
Cleaning the Compressors Outer Case
- Electrical shock hazard. Do not remove the outer case of the device. All disassembly and maintenance of the device must be performed by a qualified service technician. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
- This device does not require oil. Do not attempt to lubricate any internal parts.
- Unplug device before cleaning. Do not submerge in water for cleaning.
- Wipe the compressor''s outer case with a clean, damp cloth weekly to keep it dust-free. Do not use any powdered type cleaners or soap.
Cleaning the Nebulizer Cup:
To prevent possible risk of infection from contaminated medication, clean the nebulizer after each treatment.
- After each use, disassemble the nebulizer cup, T adapter and mouthpiece completely, wash all parts in warm soapy water, and rinse thoroughly. Allow to air dry. Store in a clean, dry location.
- Once daily, after washing as above, soak nebulizer components in a fresh solution consisting of one part warm water and one part white vinegar for 30 minutes followed by a warm water rinse. Allow to air dry. Store in a clean, dry location.
Replacing the Filter:
- Change the filter once every 30 days or when filter turns gray.
- Do not use cotton or other materials as a filter.
- Do not wash or clean the filter.
- Do not reuse the filter. Do not operate the compressor without a filter. Compressor damage can result.
Warning: The disposable nebulizer kit is for single patient use only.
Speedster Pediatric Nebulizer Compressor Specification
|= 65 watts
|Operating Temperature Range
|41°F TO 104°F
|Operating Humidity Range
|30 to 95% RH
|Storage Temperature Range
|14°F TO 158°F
|Storage Humidity Range
|10 to 95% RH
|Max Pressure (Compressor)
|Flow Range (Compressor)
|Particle Size (Nebulizer)
|= 5 microns
|Method Of Nebulization
5 year limited warranty