Fleet Mineral Oil Enema Features
- Comes in an easy-to-use, disposable squeeze bottle with a soft, pre-lubricated Comfortip
- This enama oil provides safe, soothing relief in just minutes
- Mineral oil helps lubricate and soften the stool
- Protective shield prevents contamination
- Pre-lubricated, flexible Comfortip for ease of insertion
- One-way safety valve controls flow and prevent reflux
When should you use a mineral oil enema?
- For relief of fecal impaction
- For relief of occasional constipation
- For removal of residue after barium administration
What to buy with Enema Oil
Fleet Enema Mineral Oil Ingredients
- Active ingredient (in each 118-mL delivered dose) - 100% Mineral oil Lubricant laxative. Lubricant Laxative is used for cnostipation management.
Enema Oil Dosage Information
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 bottle
- Children 2 to 12 years : Onehalf bottle
- Children under 2 years: DO NOT USE
How to use Enema?
- Remove orange protective shield from enema comfortip before inserting
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel
- Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement, this helps relax the muscles around the anus
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed
- Remove Comfortip from rectum
- Retain enema in accordance with doctors instructions
Positions for using Enema
- Left-side position: lie on left side with knee bent, and arms resting comfortably
- Knee-chest position: kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably
- For rectal use only
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use
- Ask a doctor before using any laxative if you have -
- Abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- A sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
- Already used a laxative for more than 1 week
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you have -
- Rectal bleeding
- No bowel movement within 20 minutes of using this product
- These symptoms may indicate a serious condition
- Keep out of reach of children
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 2-15 minutes
- Consult physicians desk reference for complete professional labeling
- Carton sealed for safety, if seal with Fleet emblem on top or bottom flap is broken or missing, do not use
Enema Oil User Manuals
What is an enema?
An enema delivers liquid into the rectum and works as a laxative that is ideal for constipation relief.
Can I use the enema more than once?
No, the enema is disposable and meant only to be used once.
Where should the enema be inserted?
The enema should be inserted into the rectum.
How often can an enema be used to relieve symptoms?
Enema can be used up to 3 days in a row. If you have not received relief after 3days of use, please contact your doctor. Using more than one enema within 24 hours can be harmful.
What are the benefits of using mineral oil when using an enema?
Mineral oil helps lubricate and soften the stool. Fleet Mineral Oil Enema is sodium-free.